Pics
Nugget laid an oval egg this morning. Not sure what side is the pointed side.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_073251848.jpg
    IMG_20210927_073251848.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 3
Well now she's just showing off. She will probably lay a trapezoid-shaped egg next... seriously though, that egg looks pretty cool!
Lmao. It is funny looking. It goes in just the slightest bit in the middle.

Hummers egg was 43/44g today. Getting there slowly but surely. Lol

Lmao. It is funny looking. It goes in just the slightest bit in the middle.

Hummers egg was 43/44g today. Getting there slowly but surely. Lol
Nice job, Hummer! Moon is still laying basically the same size too. Zoingo's eggs grew in size quite a bit faster... maybe it's an EE thing. Or maybe they just won't be as large 🤷🏼‍♀️ they are lovely, either way!

Nice job, Hummer! Moon is still laying basically the same size too. Zoingo's eggs grew in size quite a bit faster... maybe it's an EE thing. Or maybe they just won't be as large 🤷🏼‍♀️ they are lovely, either way!
ya I don't think they will be really BIG but hoping they get up to med size at least. But they are finally in "small" and out of peewee. haahaa. Nugget laid the 1 that was like 42g but she is back to about 40g now. But she also hasn't been laying as long so guess we will see where they end up in a bit of time.

None of my others are laying yet. a few have been in to check out the coop during the day which they never ever did before. Annabelle was for a bit, but she seemed to have stopped. my Brahma's have been checking it out a lot lately but funny since 1 isn't close at all going by comb and wattle development and color the other I think is close. My other 2 cochins aren't even close, I think 1 went in once the other hasn't at all. I have kinda given up being excited thinking they will lay soon and figure I have a while. haahaa.

I caught my rooster yesterday IN the nest box just sitting there for a while. It was quite funny! I read here that they can do it to show the girls where a good spot to lay is. funny thing is no girls were in the coop with him. haahaa. My coop cam was so dark so you could barely see him in there or I would have taken a pic of it!

I'm excited for Annabelle, and I've never met her! Lol! Checking the pelvic bones can be a little tricky at first, but once you find their location it's way easier to find again easily. My BCM surprise-squatted for me today (I thought she'd be another 2+ months before laying...) but I scooped her up and checked... and she has 2 finger separation! These girls really do whatever they want I guess :idunno
Has your BCM laid yet? I know you had a few laying but wasn't sure if she was one. I checked Annabelle and MarshmallowS pelvic bones today today and Annabelle still seemed close but Marshmallow seemed further apart.

Back
Top Bottom