Pics
Oh. You've got a runner too! :gig

You're right - once they start playing around near/in nest boxes we can start a timer haha. Unless they randomly lay an egg in a weird location like some bad girls here are known to do!

I've got my hands full this morning. Had to bring my 16 week old ISA brown inside because she won't stand or walk. She was a little off yesterday. I just made a post in the emergency section for her and hope someone has seen this before. Its really weird because other than not using her legs she's acting totally fine.....
I have a few runners. Lol.

Yes just waiting for them to go in the coop more than just a quick peek and walk around.

Replied on other three but 😢 about your girl!

I have runners to. Somedays my easter eggers will come up to me and want to be picked up. But my brahma hated being picked up.

My girls have been very odd the past 2 days. Yesterday when I thought Nugget would lay she went in the box was there for 45 min to an hour, went flying out and no egg.... she hasn't done a ghost egg in a LONG time. really confused me so I was checking the coop in case it bounced out and nothing.... I was having issues with the coop door since the battery died so it closed when she was in there, she was just sitting in the box and was fine but I plugged it in, then it just kept clicking and going down a tiny bit then up etc. so maybe the noise freaked her out and she didn't lay? Who knows. Door is set though.

Today Annabelle was in at like 6am which is normal after she takes a day off, was in there for a long time, got up went out like normal........ I went to look and no egg....... so a ghost egg from her that she didn't do since she started laying last Mon. She also didn't lay for 2 days now which she hasn't done, but as I said before her breed says 2-3 a week and she laid 5 from Mon-Sun. then this week took Mon off, laid Tue and Wed. so maybe she is just getting into her groove with laying?

Just found it odd to get 2 ghost eggs in 2 days when I haven't had them in what seems like a month.

My girls have been very odd the past 2 days. Yesterday when I thought Nugget would lay she went in the box was there for 45 min to an hour, went flying out and no egg.... she hasn't done a ghost egg in a LONG time. really confused me so I was checking the coop in case it bounced out and nothing.... I was having issues with the coop door since the battery died so it closed when she was in there, she was just sitting in the box and was fine but I plugged it in, then it just kept clicking and going down a tiny bit then up etc. so maybe the noise freaked her out and she didn't lay? Who knows. Door is set though.

Today Annabelle was in at like 6am which is normal after she takes a day off, was in there for a long time, got up went out like normal........ I went to look and no egg....... so a ghost egg from her that she didn't do since she started laying last Mon. She also didn't lay for 2 days now which she hasn't done, but as I said before her breed says 2-3 a week and she laid 5 from Mon-Sun. then this week took Mon off, laid Tue and Wed. so maybe she is just getting into her groove with laying?

Just found it odd to get 2 ghost eggs in 2 days when I haven't had them in what seems like a month.
That's weird. My brahma has been acting weird to. Her comb reddened up yesterday and she has been spending alot of time in the coop. And she just finished her molt.

I think its a totally normal thing - I read a thread before that the lady said she had a couple chickens that would go in the nest box for an hour or more everyday if she was gonna lay or not... like it was just her routine haha.

My girls still ghost egg me a lot. Zoingo does a ghost egg every "day off" she has. Maybe as these girls get older they will kind of grow out of it?

I think its a totally normal thing - I read a thread before that the lady said she had a couple chickens that would go in the nest box for an hour or more everyday if she was gonna lay or not... like it was just her routine haha.

My girls still ghost egg me a lot. Zoingo does a ghost egg every "day off" she has. Maybe as these girls get older they will kind of grow out of it?
Nugget used to go in every day no matter what so that was her norm but she stopped doing that weeks ago and where she had been laying 5 in a row then a day off yesterday threw me off since going by that she should have laid (but we know how "should have" goes with chickens. LOL) and then her going in the box and not laying an egg really threw me off. I am ok with Nugget doing it since she laid today so I know she was just being how she was before at least. :)

since Annabelle started laying (not even 2 weeks yet) she hasn't gone in the box with out laying an egg until today. So odd that she was off the roost before dawn while everyone was still on it and in the nest box, which she has done before after a day off but she laid that time, and then not lay an egg. So guess I see if she lays tomorrow since she now hasn't laid for 2 days in a row which she also hasn't done at all yet.

Nugget used to go in every day no matter what so that was her norm but she stopped doing that weeks ago and where she had been laying 5 in a row then a day off yesterday threw me off since going by that she should have laid (but we know how "should have" goes with chickens. LOL) and then her going in the box and not laying an egg really threw me off. I am ok with Nugget doing it since she laid today so I know she was just being how she was before at least. :)

since Annabelle started laying (not even 2 weeks yet) she hasn't gone in the box with out laying an egg until today. So odd that she was off the roost before dawn while everyone was still on it and in the nest box, which she has done before after a day off but she laid that time, and then not lay an egg. So guess I see if she lays tomorrow since she now hasn't laid for 2 days in a row which she also hasn't done at all yet.
These girls sure are tricky to guess! I actually thought it was so funny that Nugget and Hummer had such normal schedules before... like they are so very organized. :lau

I'm impressed by how much Annabelle has been laying so soon!!! Today marks Silver's first week of laying. She gave 5 eggs! Summer has given 3 so far and they almost look red in person because they are dark but with a very heavy bloom. Moon has also given 3 eggies since resuming ❤❤ Sunny just rejoined the EggForce yesterday as well. Just waiting on my Nugget to start back :rolleyes:
20211126_215441.jpg

P.S. did you look at the Flockstar app yet?!?!?!

Last edited:
These girls sure are tricky to guess! I actually thought it was so funny that Nugget and Hummer had such normal schedules before... like they are so very organized. :lau

I'm impressed by how much Annabelle has been laying so soon!!! Today marks Silver's first week of laying. She gave 5 eggs! Summer has given 3 so far and they almost look red in person because they are dark but with a very heavy bloom. Moon has also given 3 eggies since resuming ❤❤ Sunny just rejoined the EggForce yesterday as well. Just waiting on my Nugget to start back :rolleyes:
View attachment 2910553

P.S. did you look at the Flockstar app yet?!?!?!
WOW Those eggs are so pretty! I <3 the top ones!!!! and wow on Silver she is on a streak like Annabelle for her first week! WOOHOO Sunny!!!!!
Lets go Nugget you can do it and join the rest of the girls!!!!

I did look at flockstar and downloaded it. I only put in last week and this week though. Oh Hummer laid a 51g egg today, her 2nd biggest... Seems all my girls like to hang around the 46-49g mark most of the times with only Hummer having a few that were bigger.

They do have a nice schedule and seemed to stick to it. Now Hummer has changed hers so she throws me off a bit. Nugget did for a bit but then went back to her 5 days a row with a day off then 5 more in a row. Annabelle was doing 2 in a row, a day off, 2 etc. Guess I will see where she ends up. Really hoping she lays tomorrow or I am going to be very worried.

btw how is your egg bound girl doing?

Annabelle was in the box again today. I couldn't tell on the cam if there was an egg when she left and I wasn't home. Then Nugget was in there when I got home. After 2 hrs I opened the nest box to check. Yup no egg from either....

But I found a big egg in the run?!?! 50g so not huge. It looked pinkish outside but once inside a darker tan. I had to wash it off since it was dirty and it looked really dark and a bit fatter than Annabelles. But then it dried and looked closer. So no clue if I have a new layer or Annabelle laid. Will try to get a pic of Annabelle's other egg and the new one.

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_143009163.jpg
    IMG_20211127_143009163.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom