Italian National Poultry Championship Dec. 2018

Pics
Bottom is a Buff Silkie

Silver Spangled Something, not Wyandotte :)

Bottom is also known as a Polish :)

Ameraucana

Two hens appear to be gold Partridge. No gold laced in sight :)

Blue Laced Red :)
*gasp*
D'Anvers!
My name is misleading, but I like d'Anvers more. They actually don't have Ameraucanas over there.
:D

*gasp*
D'Anvers!
My name is misleading, but I like d'Anvers more. They actually don't have Ameraucanas over there.
:D
Nope, not a single Ameraucana in the exhibition catalog. I'm trying to get them straightened out, it's getting hard to follow with the quotes of quotes. Could you let me know the post number so I can try to fix the names?
X2 probably Araucanas. Also, not silver quail, but silver duckwing
Don't duckwings have single combs? Also, I'm trying to figure out what a duckwing would be called in Italian, so I can check against the catalog.
From looking it up, it seems the full name is Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantams. There were a number of "Combattente Inglese Antico Nana" (Old English Game Bantam) but they seem thinner, tighter neck feathering than the pictures I see of Duckwings. I got a number of photos of the "Combattente Inglese Moderno Oro" (modern English Game Bantam, longer legs and thinner), but I don't think I got any photos of the Old English.

Here's the Italian standard on the Old English:
http://www.agraria.org/polli/combattenteingleseanticonano.htm

And here's a golden Modern English Game Bantam, she scored B92.
Fely_Chickens (326)English Modern Game b92.jpg

And here's another:
Fely-carrara-chickens (17).jpg

I found a photo of her next door neighbor, possibly the same breed. both are bantams.
Here's the first one:
View attachment 1646302

And her neighbor:
View attachment 1646301
Those are male bantam araucanas.
Nope, not a single Ameraucana in the exhibition catalog. I'm trying to get them straightened out, it's getting hard to follow with the quotes of quotes. Could you let me know the post number so I can try to fix the names?

Don't duckwings have single combs? Also, I'm trying to figure out what a duckwing would be called in Italian, so I can check against the catalog.
From looking it up, it seems the full name is Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantams. There were a number of "Combattente Inglese Antico Nana" (Old English Game Bantam) but they seem thinner, tighter neck feathering than the pictures I see of Duckwings. I got a number of photos of the "Combattente Inglese Moderno Oro" (modern English Game Bantam, longer legs and thinner), but I don't think I got any photos of the Old English.

View attachment 1646310

And here's another:
View attachment 1646311
Duckwing is a color variety, not a breed. Lots of breeds come in duckwing (brown leghorns, welsummers, etc.).

View attachment 1646310

And here's another:
View attachment 1646311

Those are male bantam araucanas.

Duckwing is a color variety, not a breed. Lots of breeds come in duckwing (brown leghorns, welsummers, etc.).
Post #53 of 54
Yes Duckwing is a variety. Sometimes in other countries they call it partridge, which in the US is a different variety altogether.
Silver duckwing is a variety of Araucana.

Post #53 of 54
Yes Duckwing is a variety. Sometimes in other countries they call it partridge, which in the US is a different variety altogether.
Silver duckwing is a variety of Araucana.
A lot of the birds at this show had the color description of Perniciata, which translates as partridge or penciled. These two gold penciled Brahmas are listed in Italian as Perniciata Maglie Nere, (Maglie is sweater or mesh, nere is black).
The one on the left, in cage 251, scored S 90 (sufficient, 90 points) and on the right in cage 250 scored MB 93 molto buono 93 points). Both were from the same breeder, from a village just 11 miles outside Florence.

BTW, I had shared the hen in cage 251 back in post 15 of this thread.
(152)Brahma perniciata maglie nera.jpg

Last edited:
The Italians call this chicken "moroseta con barba bianca", or white bearded silkie.
This one scored MB93
The breed winner scored an impressive E97, equal to the score given to the best in show winner. (I don't know if we got a photo of her, I'll post some more in the next post, but I don't know the scores on those two)
(317)Moroseta con barba mb93.jpg

And this one scored MB92
(316)Moroseta with beard b92.jpg

Back
Top Bottom