I've forgotten how to count: I'm loosing my mind, not chickens!

kareninthesun

Songster
8 Years
Jul 1, 2011
Soooo, the dog is outside sitting in the sun as the hens free range. Four Rhodes, seven EE's (lost the little cross beak one). I'm playing at the 'puter and notice that Katie, the lab is sitting next to me. Dang...Go out and do a quick count on the birds. I'm missing FOUR? not panicked, they like to roam and hunt. Can't find them ANYWHERE. ohmygosh. Count again. Recount. Not a feather in sight, nothing abnormal. Hens acting fine, no other birds sounding noises of warning. What the heck? Then I realize I'm trying to count the EE's as 11. Duh. I'm turning into my Great Grandmother after a day of too much dancing...

I understand that part my honey works at the feed store and people are coming in complaining about their chickens not laying or dying in this record breaking heat we are having here in Oklahoma...he tells them we are getting eggs ok and havent lost a one....so they wanna know whats your secret?wellll we have sprinklers for them to play in.....frozen peas as treats in the afternoon and cold watermelon in the evening...ice cubes in their water....they look at him and call him crazy...he laughs at them and says may be but we have eggs and havent lost a chicken......course all ours have names also...lol

My DH used to laugh because I would count and miss one. I'd drag him out to help me count.

His tune changed when I went out of town and he had to do it nightly - he doesn't laugh anymore!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom