I’m supposed to pick up a rooster chick tomorrow but think of if my 16 week “pullets” just crowed.

@Rhodebar Lover @TheOddOneOut Do you see any males in the photos in the first post?

I think I'm seeing females only (with some combs getting redder because they are 16 weeks old and close to laying age), but the owner heard a crow, and some other posters are saying they think several might be males. So I think we need some more experts here :)

I agree, I see no cockerels here. I do think I see why some are saying they think some of them are suspicious, but those are not masculine feathers, just weird juvenile feathers that some birds grow to confuse us. 🤭

I’m not positive if it was my bird that crowed. We have lots of neighborhood roosters as well, and I was not right with them when it happened. It just sounded loud, like it might be close. I’ve been watching them closely all day, and no more crowing. Who knows. Thanks so much for he input.

She’s a girl!! Just got our first blue egg and she’s the only blue egg layer. Thanks all!

Attachments

• 63782629-D2AA-4076-BE26-C3469DB68EB6.jpeg
    63782629-D2AA-4076-BE26-C3469DB68EB6.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom