Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

@Azer - I definitely agree that you have a roo and a hen. Mine are now going on 10 weeks, three roos and one hen. The roos are challenging each other and even growing tail feathers already - pretty much confirming what I already knew. The differences were very clear at 7 weeks and even before that. Just like your pictures show, the roos had bright red wattles starting very early, and larger combs that were a bit redder than the pullet. They've now far outgrown my little pullet, but she seems to be developing a bit slow.

@Azer - I definitely agree that you have a roo and a hen. Mine are now going on 10 weeks, three roos and one hen. The roos are challenging each other and even growing tail feathers already - pretty much confirming what I already knew. The differences were very clear at 7 weeks and even before that. Just like your pictures show, the roos had bright red wattles starting very early, and larger combs that were a bit redder than the pullet. They've now far outgrown my little pullet, but she seems to be developing a bit slow.

I hatched 10 as babies you could tell a little the roos feathers come out faster then the pullets. I sold 7 i kept 2 I'm glad I chose these two...

I hope I'm right lol I think the roo is the one on the right with the red comb and wattle. He's also protecting the girls like the dominant rooster...
You are correct, 1 pullet 1 roo
thumbsup.gif

Are u going to keep all 3 roos... And get more hens?

i bought 15 JG's straight run at 2 weeks old i ended up with 7 pullets and 8 roos...lol almost 50%. my three pullets are about a month away from laying and my 9 month old roo is impatiently waiting on them.. im getting close!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom