Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Quote:
I really wanted to, but the final decision wasn't exactly mine. All we have now is the blue boy. Which I guess is fine, except that I have no black pullets. So far our plans aren't to breed them for anything but ourselves.

Illia, Very nice pictures. Blues are my favorite. I just read that crossing a black and a splash makes for very nice lacing, too. I think I am gonna try that out. I hatched a splash roo, and hope he turns out nice, so I can use him.

More pictures anyone? I LOVE looking at everyone's pictures!

ETA: Ya know, I usually prefer the darkest blues, but I REALLY like that first picture of your light one (nearly Lavender looking)! Very pretty girl !

Last edited:
Kathy, my last hatch of Jerseys, I'm super pleased with. I have several nice blues already, so resisted the urge to keep any. Sold them. I'm keeping a splash roo, and I've got a blue roo from a different breeder who is super nice. I've only kept two black pullets and the splash roo from this last hatch, but I think they'll be super nice!! I'll get some pics this weekend if the weather cooperates!

Looking forward to your pictures, Wynette!

Oh, by the way, "Leggs," is most certainly ............... a boy!
gig.gif
I can hardly wait to see how big he ends up being! He lives with the Barred Rock boys right now, as does one Silkie rooster. They all love those BR boys, who are so welcoming and mellow.

Actually, as it turns out they are just under 6 months, according to my sweetie. One we hatched, the others we bought as chicks, but they were hatched at roughly the same time. It would be cool if they were this big at 7 weeks old though. We have two black roosters too, also about the same age. I believe all are from Bobbi Porto, if memory serves . . . which it may not actually. My sweetie is asleep, or I'd ask her to make sure. All I know is they're huge, hilarious to watch, and eat like horses, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom