July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I wondered that too. The Olive eggers were purged before I stacked though. They quit when I was still hand turned in a single layer. When the turner was added only one egg, cream Legbar, was above the turner in the center. That egg is looking good. The breeder says the Olives are her best hatchers. Usually 100% for her. Just one of the nuances of shipping and hatching.

There was some stacking/ doubling up when I added the Trader Joe’s eggs (total bust there) but the new eggs were on top, I think. I’ve wondered if I just messed with them too much during the window they were stacked. Extra hand turning and candling. Most the quitters were from 2 breeds. Olive egger or Production White (different sources) on appropriately the same days. I also considered a spike in the incubator. It’s been pretty stable but because of how I sort my eggs (by breeds) it makes sense a hot zone spike would affect certain breeds more than others.
I may need to stack mine so trying to figure out if stacking effected ones on top or under those on top. Hmmmm

28, 22 in slots & add 6 in the middle slots between the inner & outer rings. I have a pic of how I fit 27 in on my last hatch to start in the NR360 thread. You’ll just have to open at least 3 times per day to tilt the extra eggs back and forth. I rotated position each day so that no one egg stayed in the middle except the saddled air cell egg. By day 5 I had removed 5 clears so there was room in the regular spots.
Thanks. So you didn't notice that stacking effected the hatch rate? Would you use the egg cartons again or just stack

Looks like I have some catching up to do on this thread! 😀
14 still going strong here day eight.
Had nine chicks hatch yesterday! Here’s a few photos to tide people over until all their chicks hatch!🥰
CD25DD23-A68E-48F7-97AB-4A4B2C74430F.jpeg
4DE495DC-FF12-49D0-B116-BC894818AACA.jpeg
C2E13B3E-C19A-4149-A152-13CEB1509572.jpeg
7E19F521-D51F-4FA0-B3A8-40D3BB98CC61.jpeg

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME 😫 my chick's are not ready to hatch but one got dropped and the egg shell broke bad but the membrane steady intake what should I do they are days away from hatching
Did u post in emergency section for help?
I'm so sorry this happened!
I've heard you can glue the shell...or even a bandaid.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME 😫 my chick's are not ready to hatch but one got dropped and the egg shell broke bad but the membrane steady intake what should I do they are days away from hatching
You can use liquid bandage if the cracks are not bad. Good idea to candle to see if there is still life in the egg.🙂

Thanks. So you didn't notice that stacking effected the hatch rate? Would you use the egg cartons again or just stack
I didn’t want to stack and have eggs move and accidentally crack one another. It didn’t affect the hatch rate, the only two I kept in the middle the entire 5 days were an EE with a weird air cell that ended up being clear and a super scrambled and bubbly yolk egg they didn’t have a chance. The other 4 eggs were only there one day. Every morning I just switched what other 4 were in the middle, and I know for sure all the Olive Eggers spent a day or two there & all 3 hatched.

Back
Top Bottom