July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Well, I just pulled 9 out of the 40 eggs. 2 were scrambled from shipping (which I suspected all along) and had never developed at all, 6 were infertile, and 1 was an early death, probably Day 2 or so....pretty sure I have another early death, but I wasn't sure, so decided to leave it in til Day 7 just to see. So, still have 31 in the bator, which may only be 30 alive, but everyone that's definitely alive looks great and strong! Got to show the kids and hubby the eyes of a few, which they were enthralled by...was a fun candling.

Well, I just pulled 9 out of the 40 eggs. 2 were scrambled from shipping (which I suspected all along) and had never developed at all, 6 were infertile, and 1 was an early death, probably Day 2 or so....pretty sure I have another early death, but I wasn't sure, so decided to leave it in til Day 7 just to see. So, still have 31 in the bator, which may only be 30 alive, but everyone that's definitely alive looks great and strong! Got to show the kids and hubby the eyes of a few, which they were enthralled by...was a fun candling.
That’s fantastic! 😍 Did you start them Monday night or Tuesday? I can’t remember what you decided.

Just set a sneaky dozen last night! DH said as long as there’s no more chickens INSIDE, I can have as many as I want… How soon will he regret that??? Eggs don’t count right??? BCM, EE, and Jersey Giant or Wyandotte with some kind of big black roo that moved in with them lol. July 22 is our hatch date 🤞🏼

A389FA17-862F-47E6-8DD2-5A8D9957BC77.jpeg

Just set a sneaky dozen last night! DH said as long as there’s no more chickens INSIDE, I can have as many as I want… How soon will he regret that??? Eggs don’t count right??? BCM, EE, and Jersey Giant or Wyandotte with some kind of big black roo that moved in with them lol. July 22 is our hatch date 🤞🏼

View attachment 3172338
Those are beautiful eggs! They deserve to be hatched.

View attachment 3172338
Chickens with names aren't factored into flock count either :oops:

Good luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom