July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Sounds good, first I have to see if I can find homes for the extra I hatch this year. Lol.

But @MochaLatte and @DavidReaves need to join too.
Oh! Wow! Hi everyone! :woot

@junior67 told on me - I have peafowl eggs coming this week that I expect to set on Saturday, the 2nd. That would put their hatch date right on July 31st! If anyone has advice, tips, tricks or best practices for peafowl incubation, I would greatly appreciate it. It's my first time with peafowl and I hear they can be difficult.

I hope everyone has a great hatch!

I just didn't have much of an option this time around, sadly. Part of me acknowledges the fact that I need to thin, and I'm sure it will happen, but the other part desperately wants every last egg to hatch.

Oh, okay. I've had 'wonky' air cells, as I like to call them, but not detached or saddled.

I keep seeing DIS... Death in shell? Does that happen often? I've only incubated twice before, and each time there was one baby that needed some assistance. I don't like the idea of doing nothing and having them possibly die. (Although the goose I assisted didn't form quite properly...)
DIS are fully developed chicks that don’t hatch. Sometimes there are reasons, like humidity issues or deformities, but usually you’ll never know exactly what happened.

@junior67 told on me - I have peafowl eggs coming this week that I expect to set on Saturday, the 2nd. That would put their hatch date right on July 31st! If anyone has advice, tips, tricks or best practices for peafowl incubation, I would greatly appreciate it. It's my first time with peafowl and I hear they can be difficult.

Lol I didn't tell on you but you just did. I said next year you need to be hatch buddies with me and @Iluveggers and set eggs on the same day as us .. :lau:lau

Curious why the lockdown early?
That’s what I did last hatch because of family illness. Almost every chick hatched. I can’t say I’ve ever played around with, or kept track of, lockdown days before. It’s definitely something that’s on my radar now that I never put much weight on in the past.

That’s what I did last hatch because of family illness. Almost every chick hatched. I can’t say I’ve ever played around with, or kept track of, lockdown days before. It’s definitely something that’s on my radar now that I never put much weight on in the past.
Oh ok I just makin sure there wasn't something I missed n needed to do differently lol!

Oh ok I just makin sure there wasn't something I missed n needed to do differently lol!
Definitely didn’t miss anything. It’s typically day 18. For me it means remove the turner, put down shelf liner, and one final candling. Bumping up humidity will depend on their air cells but I’ll likely still do that on day 19.

Peafowl! Please, please post pictures when they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom