July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
So there I was, sleeping peacefully in my bed after staying up half the night with a sick toddler (he's almost 3 and has had a major fever for 2 days now) and I get a phone call. My eggs are here! And I'm like (all half asleep) "But she just sent them yesterday afternoon..." but no, they're here!!! That was so fast I didn't even have time to freak out! Gonna go get them as soon as hubby brings the car back from his brother's house. In the meantime, coffee and byc. And don't worry, I'll have pics once they're home. Can't believe they got here this fast!

I'm excited to join this thread. It's lovely to see all the babies!

I just did my very first incubation last month and didn't know about the hatch along threads. I got 13 out of 24 shipped eggs (54%), so I was quite happy for my first time.

Now I have 21 La Bresse eggs started today. My incubator turner is being funny so I hope it goes well.

I thought I'd be more relaxed the second time around!
Agree with the other hatch along members statements! No matter how long you’ve been doing this it’s always exciting and slightly nerve-racking at times. I think this is why we all keep doing it!🤣
Welcome!❤️

I'm excited to join this thread. It's lovely to see all the babies!

I just did my very first incubation last month and didn't know about the hatch along threads. I got 13 out of 24 shipped eggs (54%), so I was quite happy for my first time.

Now I have 21 La Bresse eggs started today. My incubator turner is being funny so I hope it goes well.

I thought I'd be more relaxed the second time around!

That’s great! When is your hatch due?

I didn’t discover HALs until I’d been hatching awhile. They’re great for comradely and knowledge. You’re in the right place now.
Says they were started today, so....the 27th? Whoo! Math hurts my brain this early in the morning....

So there I was, sleeping peacefully in my bed after staying up half the night with a sick toddler (he's almost 3 and has had a major fever for 2 days now) and I get a phone call. My eggs are here! And I'm like (all half asleep) "But she just sent them yesterday afternoon..." but no, they're here!!! That was so fast I didn't even have time to freak out! Gonna go get them as soon as hubby brings the car back from his brother's house. In the meantime, coffee and byc. And don't worry, I'll have pics once they're home. Can't believe they got here this fast!
Hope your little one (human) is doing better today!😊
Congrats on the eggs arriving!
Just after 3 AM here and I need some coffee bad!🤣

Hooray! That’s how it should have been the first time. I’m very excited for you after this current batch.

I love how the PO has zero shame making early morning calls. 🤣 Package says call when it arrives and that exactly what they do! There is usually an after hours pickup door too. So you don’t have to wait for them to open to grab the goods.

Agree with the other hatch along members statements! No matter how long you’ve been doing this it’s always exciting and slightly nerve-racking at times. I think this is why we all keep doing it!🤣
Welcome!❤️
It's also why we need things like hatchalongs....for us crazy people who need someone with the same kind of crazy (cheeping at eggs, cooing at them like mama hens, candling in the middle of the night, etc.) to make us feel like we arent as crazy, lol. I love this place! ❤

Hooray! That’s how it should have been the first time. I’m very excited for you after this current batch.

I love how the PO has zero shame making early morning calls. 🤣 Package says call when it arrives and that exactly what they do! There is usually an after hours pickup door too. So you don’t have to wait for them to open to grab the goods.
Yeah, they actually called me twice. The first time I slapped at the phone til it stopped making the dreadful noises that were disturbing my much needed slumber, the 2nd time I thought someone was hurt cuz of the back to back calls, but it was just my fave lady at the PO making sure my butt was up, lol! And yes, I will be using the after hours door to go get them, if hubby ever gets back....

Sneak peek. Still in the incubator are 3 Silverudd’s and 2 pipped eggs.
A72C1224-FD93-4D7C-BF46-CF01579FB9B8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom