July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
3 AM and nine babies have hatched! 😀
B3CB84BE-EC82-40D0-B77B-687686B42AB9.jpeg
44AF90A6-2A13-48A4-82D2-7DEA5BC8A1DC.jpeg

Look who's made an early arrival! The Guineas weren't due to hatch until tomorrow, but I woke up this morning to this bright eyed keet peeping away. 🤗
You're hatching guineas! Okay, I have a question for you. I have chicken eggs and guinea eggs in the incubator right now, both are on day 18. Should I chance opening the bator during chicken lockdown to turn the guineas or will they be alright for a few days?

You're hatching guineas! Okay, I have a question for you. I have chicken eggs and guinea eggs in the incubator right now, both are on day 18. Should I chance opening the bator during chicken lockdown to turn the guineas or will they be alright for a few days?
This is my first time hatching out guineas in an incubator, though I would assume you would handle it just like you would a staggared hatch. Hopefully someone experienced with staggered hatches chimes in as I haven't done one of those either, at least that I can remember. Sorry I can't be of any help, but I don't want to just guess and end up steering you wrong.

This chick from Hoover’s is so cute and calm. For the first few days I figured it was sick because it was ultra calm when handled and fell asleep constantly in hand.

Yet when set down she runs around like every other chick. After a week I’m now guessing it’s just a super chill chick. The kids named her Cream Puff. What a wonderful little bird. I wasn’t expecting to find a favorite in these hatchery birds but this one has won our hearts. 😍

A rare moment of alertness. Then her more typical look.

C2166533-CCF4-4FFC-BDAC-B2EA6196D953.jpeg 2D506007-7D74-4CE1-96BA-1E1A7933AF68.jpeg

This is my first time hatching out guineas in an incubator, though I would assume you would handle it just like you would a staggared hatch. Hopefully someone experienced with staggered hatches chimes in as I haven't done one of those either, at least that I can remember. Sorry I can't be of any help, but I don't want to just guess and end up steering you wrong.
Got it, thanks. Your guesses are better than mine! :D

Anyone have staggered hatch advice?

Ugh I am guessing my broody broke 3 days before hatch day.... Now I am going to have to set up my coop brooder again. She got off the nest at 530 this morning and hasn't been back. Last time she sat for 4-4.5 weeks since I had to order eggs and wait for them to come... This time I was planning to use the incubator so they were already ordered and I may have gotten them before she went broody so under 3 weeks. I tried to break her at first with no luck so just planned to give her the chicks to raise.....

This chick from Hoover’s is so cute and calm. For the first few days I figured it was sick because it was ultra calm when handled and fell asleep constantly in hand.

Yet when set down she runs around like every other chick. After a week I’m now guessing it’s just a super chill chick. The kids named her Cream Puff. What a wonderful little bird. I wasn’t expecting to find a favorite in these hatchery birds but this one has won our hearts. 😍

A rare moment of alertness. Then her more typical look.

View attachment 3187268View attachment 3187269
Aww that is the best when they do that! Are you going to keep her? Any of the other EEd?

Back
Top Bottom