June hatch-a-long!

Pics
We now have the Fayoumi, two Welsummers, a Barred Rock, and a Langshan in the brooder. There’s also two pips still in the incubator and I just heard one chirping! I might have to help the other one though. I’m going to wait and see and if it hasn’t progressed tonight then I will assist. It has been pipped since yesterday morning.

Congratulations to those who are hatching or just finished! I'll be starting lock down this evening. I think the chicks have mostly gotten into position. They are pretty still so I think they're resting and getting ready. I haven't candled yet but I took out the turner and the turner arm and put in my shelf liner.

Does anyone have photos of their fluffy chicks?

That’s great! Here’s some pictures of my five.

image.jpg

2ACDCAF8-4FC6-483B-AA53-A400E6ABD7C0.jpeg

They look plump and fluffy! I like the chipmunks! I'm hoping for some plump fluffy chipmunks myself.

Yeah the two Welsummers dwarf the poor Barred Rock but they all get along really well. The Langshan loves to cuddle EVERYBODY and is sleeping in my other hand as I type this. They’ve all learned about the food and water by now. I also still have three pips in the bator so hopefully they’ll be out soon.

Lol!! I have no idea. And I'm not sure chick coloring means much in terms of what colors they'll have as adults. The yellow ones will obviously be white or cream or both.

True. It’s so pretty though! I mean they all are but that one really caught my eye. The colors are so clean and different from anything I’ve seen so far. I’ve only been doing this for a year though so I haven’t seen much. It’s crazy how much they change from chick to adult. Like Fayoumis, they go from brown to white and black.

#1 and #8, what are those:love

Almost ready for lock down. I have to leave the house and don't want to start until I get back, but the air cells are marked and the eggs are sorted. There are no internal pips so I'm not ahead of schedule as far as I can tell. I just need to slip in the divider and fill my water wells. The egg in the front with the huge air cell is my cracked egg that's sealed with wax. :fl

Attachments

• 20180617_124346.jpg
    20180617_124346.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom