June hatch-a-long!

Pics
F958846D-8E62-420C-8F86-2EF033ECA19E.jpeg
My days are apparently off. The Fayoumi has hatched!

Is today day 19 for you?

It should be. The baby is 100% fine, no yolk or anything that still needs to be absorbed and it’s doing an amazing job at trying to coax the Welsummers out. I actually think one of the Welsummers might hatch tonight. In a few minutes actually! It’s zipping pretty good. The drawback to this early hatch though is that we don’t have a brooder. Our plan is to run get all of the stuff for that in the morning. Talk about a graduation present though! :lau That’s how I missed it hatching.

I candled the eggs a little while ago. I have two that I believe are trying to pip. The others I simply couldn't see for sure.

I am increasing the humidity some.

I guess I will see what happens over the next day or two.

I came home to two more additions.

My OEGB broody has successfully hatched 4 of 6 at this point. Too dark for pictures tonight.

The other is in the incubator. It is the smallest of the OEGB eggs. Two more have been rocking like crazy.

I started this year with 11 chickens. I now have 37 and 13 more possibles. I definitely need to get busy building more "chicken panels".

It should be. The baby is 100% fine, no yolk or anything that still needs to be absorbed and it’s doing an amazing job at trying to coax the Welsummers out. I actually think one of the Welsummers might hatch tonight. In a few minutes actually! It’s zipping pretty good. The drawback to this early hatch though is that we don’t have a brooder. Our plan is to run get all of the stuff for that in the morning. Talk about a graduation present though! :lau That’s how I missed it hatching.

Happy Graduation! I'm worried mine will come early too and I won't be ready either. I hope to set my brooder up tomorrow just in case, but we need chick starter!

Happy Graduation! I'm worried mine will come early too and I won't be ready either. I hope to set my brooder up tomorrow just in case, but we need chick starter!

Thank you! It was crazy coming home to see a chick :lol: but definitely not unwelcome. I just have to push the viewing party up a bit so other people can see them trying to work out of their shells :oops:.

It’s a good thing these chicks are fine for 24 hours before they really need food and water. That’s what’s saving us on the brooder part. These two babies are a blast though. The Welsummer still hasn’t hatched but they’re napping and messing around in sync with each other. :jumpy

I had set aside some duck eggs for a lady to pick up and hatch but after her second no call no show they found their way into my incubator..... OK so I fired up a second incubator cuz my main one was full.:oops:.... that's not a bad thing right? I did say I wanted more ducks, and i only have 9 in the main incubator, so I am totally fine..... until my hubby figures out what happened, like with the white turkeys, that just showed up (ahem, I bought, from Murdocks)..... OK I may have to sell some birds.

Congratulations to those who are hatching or just finished! I'll be starting lock down this evening. I think the chicks have mostly gotten into position. They are pretty still so I think they're resting and getting ready. I haven't candled yet but I took out the turner and the turner arm and put in my shelf liner.

Does anyone have photos of their fluffy chicks?

Back
Top Bottom