June Hatch-A-Long

Adorable! :p maybe I need to start sourcing some quail eggs once the incubator is free again... haha
I know they can sell pretty fast as chicks and also they grow to adult size by 6ish weeks. They start laying eggs around that time as well. I honestly like them more than chickens so far. I haven’t butchered any because mine aren’t old enough and the ones I have I’m keeping for breeders for eggs to eat and incubate.

I’ll see what hatches out of the eggs on Monday and in 18 days from the ones I get tomorrow and start separating sellers/meat from the breeders I want to keep. I’m looking more at coloring than anything else. I want my breeders to be eye candy.

I know they can sell pretty fast as chicks and also they grow to adult size by 6ish weeks. They start laying eggs around that time as well. I honestly like them more than chickens so far. I haven’t butchered any because mine aren’t old enough and the ones I have I’m keeping for breeders for eggs to eat and incubate.

I’ll see what hatches out of the eggs on Monday and in 18 days from the ones I get tomorrow and start separating sellers/meat from the breeders I want to keep. I’m looking more at coloring than anything else. I want my breeders to be eye candy.
Theres only been one person around my area that had some this spring and I think her sale ad was put up and taken back down again the same day. Haha. So I’m sure there’s a market for them. If I go that route I’ll pick your brain. xD
100% agreed on nice looking birds that are also productive. :p

I am In my BEI Experiment eggs should be hatching the first week of June. Thinking June 1st.

I am still poking around for which chickens I want to do and if I want to do them. I have some pretty full hands of ducks right now.

But the experiment eggs I think I am going to sell most of those if they develop. Black East Indies seem to be highly sought after in the area.

Theres only been one person around my area that had some this spring and I think her sale ad was put up and taken back down again the same day. Haha. So I’m sure there’s a market for them. If I go that route I’ll pick your brain. xD
100% agreed on nice looking birds that are also productive. :p
I’m not sure my brain is worth picking on them unless you want a newbie perspective.

The 3 I hatched are thriving though. I think of them as mini chickens that need a cage. They aren’t much different except a lot faster and a bit more flighty. They also need to be baby proofed like rocks in their waterer because they tend to drown. They need constant handling in the beginning to calm them down.

The snowy I have has been quite a pleasure to own. It’s super calm now.

DA94BA6E-A48D-466B-81B4-CECD6D8222BB.jpeg

This is my new pair! Hoping to get some eggs from her for the June hatch. I was told they were mottled Javas. Anyone know if that’s right or know what they could be. Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom