June Hatch-A-Long

Pics
The breeder called me and talked through and feels like she got flipped over either startled or pushed over by the other two and exhausted herself trying to get up and she is too fat to do it herself.

this makes sense and I Hope is the case. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
I hope so to. :fl Just be sure not to share those wonderful pics of her eating all that watermelon with the breeder. You might get a stern diet lecture.

Why does it seem like 90% of the people on this thread were in the May Hatchalong too? :lol: My hatching eggs are being shipped tomorrow so should arrive in a few days. So I am officially joining up here. I will be hatching LF and Bantam BBS Orpingtons. The PO here seems to shake the heck out of shipped eggs, so I will be crossing my fingers for a good hatch with some pullets.The chicks I hatched in May are looking like mostly cockerels.

The blue chicken with feathered legs and the tuft on head may have blue maran and crested legbar to get the saphirre part.

I think you are right! I did some searching to see if anyone has listed the hatcheries "mystery stock" used to create the Sapphire Gems and it looks like Sapphire Gems are Plymoth Rock crossed with Barred Rock.....BUT....Sapphire Olive Eggers "mystery stock" appears to be Crested Legbar and Blue Marans. And it also looks like the 2 types of Gems get mixed together a lot.

Here is a pic of Hoover's Sapphire Olive Egger chicken.
Screenshot_20200531-140245_Chrome.jpg

Do all crested legbars lay blue eggs or do some lay brown? My chick hatched out of a light brown egg.

Why does it seem like 90% of the people on this thread were in the May Hatchalong too? :lol: My hatching eggs are being shipped tomorrow so should arrive in a few days. So I am officially joining up here. I will be hatching LF and Bantam BBS Orpingtons. The PO here seems to shake the heck out of shipped eggs, so I will be crossing my fingers for a good hatch with some pullets.The chicks I hatched in May are looking like mostly cockerels.

Lol, May, April, March, February... :lau

Because we are all addicts 😂

Back
Top Bottom