JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

I'm in! I have Peacocks and Turkeys that I set in the June hatch-a-long but I realized they should probably be in the July hatch-a-long as well!

Turkeys due to hatch 7/12 and the Peacocks will hopefully start on 7/13 but there seems to be a longer window with those babies anywhere from 28 to 30 days for incubation and I set them on 6/16.

I also have 2 lonely little Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs that were given to me and they're due to hatch on 7/5.

And later today I will be picking up the following!
2 - Rumpless Araucanas
3 - Olive Eggers
3 - Silver Laced Wyandottes
5 - Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
4 - Whitings True Blues
7 - Cream Crested Legbars (with the Frosted gene)

I can't wait! :wee I have 4 broody hens running around will babies now, maybe if I'm lucky another will go broody before these chicks hatch and I'll just give them to her. lol
Where did you get the Rumpless Araucanas eggs?

LOL! Definitely the crazy chicken lady here! :lau
Mostly I've just discovered a love for hatching poultry of all kinds and I can't say no when someone offers me eggs! I only keep chickens on my property but because so many of my friends would like to expand their flocks and are either not comfortable with hatching or have had bad experiences they don't want to relive, I just feed my addiction now by hatching chicks for them! :lol:

That's hilarious!

Hello everybody! This is my first hatch. I have 11 eggs currently in their incubator. The first batch of eggs(4) are dated from 6/4/19--6/7/19. Their hatch time is coming up obviously. I made some stupid mistakes at the beginning of their incubation so I am nervous. I hope you guys don't mind if I tag-along in this thread and share this experience with you all. I have been keeping another thread as a journal of the experience here : https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/update-on-my-duck-eggs.1316753/

20190625_201019.jpg

Hello everybody! This is my first hatch. I have 11 eggs currently in their incubator. The first batch of eggs(4) are dated from 6/4/19--6/7/19. Their hatch time is coming up obviously. I made some stupid mistakes at the beginning of their incubation so I am nervous. I hope you guys don't mind if I tag-along in this thread and share this experience with you all. I have been keeping another thread as a journal of the experience here : https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/update-on-my-duck-eggs.1316753/

Wow, im excited for you! What breeds are they? And when is hatch day?

Wow, im excited for you! What breeds are they? And when is hatch day?

They are runner ducks.
Well, my first mistake was that I was putting them in the incubator each day when I harvested them from their mothers, so its all staggered. The eggs laid from the period of 6/4/19 - 6/7/19 were put in the incubator altogether on 6/7/19. The rest were added daily from 6/8/19 - 6/17/19. So, it will be interesting.

I'm really hoping that some will make it. I've been doing the cool and mist method, although I started it a little late, and I plan on trying to hatch them sitting upright in egg cartons during lock-down. But the temp on the incubator bounces around quite a bit from 100 to 98. I candle them gingerly everyday during their daily cool down and misting, and they seem to still be kicking inside. *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom