Just had to post this.....

Those are sweet and at the same time heartbreaking photos. I sure hope that you will be able to get help and good advice as to what else could be possibly done (and what it actually is). Wishing you and Lyle and Baby all the very very best and hopefully a recovery to both of them.

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I am so very sorry, they are adorable. Send a PM to Gloria Jean her screen name is crazyhen, she had to put down her entire flock after bringing in eggs or birds, cannot remember which that carried MG/MS. She can tell you all about it because she went through extensive testing and so forth.

Thanks! I am starting to research the Mycoplasma gallisepticum. I don't know if that is what this could be because the 3 that had developed paralysis did not have respiratory symptoms. Baby looks to have like mucous type poop and it looked like a little bit of blood in the mucous that started today. Lyle still so far has normal poops.
Is there anything I should ask the vet to test for specifically??
I will PM crazyhen, Thanks!!!

I keep thinking of your little guys.. it's just so heart breaking. I had chicks... first time I ever ordered any from a hatchery, it just happened to be the time they (MM) had a bunch of problems with the chicks.... most of mine ended up dieing, becoming thin and weak after a week, paralysis..... nothing I could do for them. i had one JG chick that wouldn't give up, I named her Hope. She lived in a chicken chair thing I made her, she was happy for some time.... then after a few months she just went down hill. So very sad......

Quote:
Thank you for thinking of us!
hugs.gif
I am so sorry about your chicks! It is hard to watch the chicks like this because of the way the just look at you when you feed them. Did you ever find out what it was?
It breaks my heart every time I look at them knowing that they will most likely have to be put down tomorrow. So far, no other chicks or chickens are showing any symptoms. I just don't know what it could be.
I would probably try longer with them if my first pullet that had this didn't struggle so much. She hung on 2 months until she got so bad I had to have her put down. I am giving them antibiotics, vitamins, and a high protein diet along with yogurt. One thing different from these guys and my first pullet is she did not have a very good appetite and these 2 ares till eating well at this point. Baby isn't drinking like he should but is really eating.
I will let you know how things go at the vet tomorrow. It is an avian vet and we have to travel 1 1/2 hours to get there so it might be late till I post.

Sending thoughts your way! I hope that it isn't Mareks! You are obviously keeping them happy and comfortable. They will know they are cared for.

Back
Top Bottom