just lost my beloved cat, Athena

jennh

Songster
12 Years
Jun 21, 2007
Lititz
I just lost my sweet, precious, gentle cat, Athena. She would have been 14 1/2 yrs on sept 15. I loved her so much. I am crying constantly.
I am looking for another cat/kitten to help me get past this. Does anyone know where I can get a med-long haired female Tuxedo cat? Tuxedo means black and white.

Here is a pic of her. I miss her so much.
2757_athena_and_sapphire_004.jpg

Thanks,
Jen

Last edited:
I am sorry for your loss - I lost my cat after 22 years last year

I say try craigslist, also your humane society will more than likely have tons of already vetted kittens available

Quote:
I looked at craigslist, but it said no pets?
It's really hard, isn't it? I had tamed Athena from the wild in my backyard. We had a very special bond.
I have another cat, a Himmy, Sapphire, who is going on 20, but she just stays off by herself. Athena was always where I was, greeting me at the door, wanting her belly rubbed and a treat. She was always on my lap.

Thanks for your reply.

Jen

I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved cat. 14 is a ripe old age and if it means anything, you cat had a very lucky life to live so long when so many don't.

Tuxedo colored cats overflow the shelters...here in SW Washington it is one of the most common colors we have left over when we have litters of kittens to adopt out. Everyone takes the orange ones, the calico ones and tabbies, but those black ones and black with white cats are not as popular and tend to be common.

Look on Petfinder.com for your local cat rescue groups, shelters and such. They will show you the closest ones by your zip code and you can learn something about their personality before you meet them.

So sorry again for your loss. Animals lives are never long enough.

God bless!

I am so sorry!
hugs.gif

I vote the animal shelter all the way!!!! That way you can mourn over Athena, and rescue another cat from being euthanized!

Last edited:
Very sad. I had a dog that we had to put to sleep when she was 17. I know have a cat that was a stray to someone else...they were moving and just about to take her to the pound after two months of trying to find her a home. My husband brought her home. I was going to have nothing to do with her.....but she is mine and I love her.

So sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom