Just put eggs under my broody who's with me? We are back! With Bantams

Broody is a white Cochin. But the eggs would be mixed. I have a GJ roo, and a buff bantam cochin roo. then the hens are cochins, EE, Buff orp, RIR, White leghorn and GJ mix, silkie, and mille fleur. SO i have no idea what i am getting. I might put them under her tonight or tomorrow night!

Chicken Girl

Did you get any good candling pics Charlotte?
wink.png

Quote:
Yes but there was not much to see
sad.png
She broke one this morning!!!
hmm.png
But anyways I will upload some on Monday night PROMISE!!!! That will be day 6!!!

I think we're doing pretty well. It's really tough because 5/7 eggs are darker shells, and candling has been really tough. I threw out the white leghorn egg because at 10 days along, it was still clear with no development at all. I'm pretty sure I saw movement in two of the eggs, and veining in all but one, but it was really tricky with two of them.

So, we are at day 13 or so, and I think 5 of the 6 are good, or started developing.

Last night, my broody got off the nest and was off for a good 3 hours, which would've worried me, except the temperatures were in the high 90s, and were still almost as warm when she got back on. I did get my incubator out though, as I was worried she was done. Poor thing has been forgotten by the other chickens and they were picking on her.

Back
Top Bottom