Just received chicks from Healthy Chicks

Hmmm, sure hoping the best for you. Be sure and let us know how it turns out.

My confirmation email simply said they would ship them the week of March 1st. I called my p.o. and I was told the chicks would be delivered to my house as noraml procedure, so I was amazed to get the phone call from the p.o. at 7:45 Monday morning to come get my chicks. We only have one vehicle and my wife was just starting to leave for work, so she drove me the 2 miles there and dropped me off at home. It couldn't have worked out better.

Of all the years I've had chickens this is the first time to order from a hatchery. So I was nervous about it.

It's now Wed morning, I'm leaving for work and still no chicks
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
I'm assuming the worst at this point.

I'm going to call Healthy Chicks this morn-I'm hoping they shipped Monday, which would give the chicks a fighting chance, but it seems they shipped Sat (like another poster here who got theirs Mon, mine were ordered for the week of Mar 1) so it's looking really bad. Even if they do come today, they have to sit at the po all day until I get done delivering everyone else's mail-the supervisor did say she'd keep them warm for me, but another 9 hours without food or water isn't good.

I went to bed last night and woke up today thinking about the poor chicks. This is not how I thought this would happen.

I called Healthy Chicks this morning-explained the situations-lady says, oh, we have two orders with (my last name) so I sent you the wrong email, your chicks are shipped today. She said it so casually...no apology even. I said, my kids have been waiting and we thought the worst, based on that email! I found this very unprofessional, and they could have sent me a corrected email or called me-if I hadn't called them, I still would be so terribly worried about the poor chicks.

Supposedly, they'll arrive tomorrow or Fri. I'm off tomorrow and dh is off Friday, so at least we can get them into the brooder and watch them. This has been really stressful-I'm not real thrilled with the process so far.

Back
Top Bottom