Just want to be w/ my chickens!

If I were independently wealthy I would stay home and be a hermit with my pets, too.
wink.png

I do exactly that and it IS nice. Once the kids are home from school,and on the weekends we stay home.Can't afford to go anywhere.I go outside to my chair with a drink,book,and camera-then let all the girls out into the run. Ofcourse winter is the pits but we get through it.

Hoping you have some more *down* time with the hens.I find their actions relaxing....except for all that pecking order hostility.

Yesterday I went over to the elderly neighbors with eggs I knew they wanted.Usually they give me $2 for a dozen, BUT I noticed I was out of lemons for dh's salad(and did not want to go to the store) so I asked them for a lemon in place of the money. I got some lemon juice and $1.Best part was not needing to pack up the kids and go to the store.

If we were rich I would still putter around the yard all day.Maybe make dh do laps to get in better health.

Here here!!! good thread-I can tell you there's nothing more enjoyable and stress relieving than sitting with my chickens and loving them up. I still get excited everyday at egg collection!!! I am very active in lots of things but my priorities have changed drastically since i have birds. No more hanging out with GF's for snacks and drinks after our softball games-no more just taking off on day long trips and arriving home late at night-I have head counts and lockdown before dusk to do-I love it it keeps me grounded and at home:)

I'm a very social person, so I like to do things and see people, but I don't like every single minute taken up by functions. I have a lot of family that are gone, and I would do anything to be at a reunion with them! So enjoy your family while they are here! That said, we love weekends at home when we don't have anywhere to be, just to relax and enjoy our life the way we want! Winter stinks I hate being cold and cooped up, so do my animals.
My favorite thing to do is bring treats to my girls! We also have 3 goats, and it is fun to watch them all come running to surround me to get their share, it is a hoot to see a goat try to buck a hen to steal her treats! I go out and yell L A D I E S! All come running!

Quote:
My thing is..."How will I go to X, Y, or Z for vacation for two weeks? Who would take care of my birds? But, would they do it RIGHT? They'd move too fast around the button quail and startle them. They'd open a cage door and let them loose." Nope, unless my son wants to stay home and take care of them, I guess I'm going to be at home for a while. That's okay. My pocketbook needs to recover from too much past vacation (and other) spending anyway...
ep.gif

Last edited:
Well, company has all left, the grands have gone home, the reunion was a great success, shopping finished for a while and dh left at 6:00 for a few days of work...So, I took my basket (which holds house and cell phones, water, sunglasses and a bucket full of pumpkin out to the swing.. The girls had a blast w/ the pumpkin and I got my down time and four eggs! How's that for multi-tasking.? .LOL

Yes, I do enjoy our elderly family members--we have lost a lot of members--young and old alike this past yr.. But we still had a 'full' house, tons of food and great visits and lots of good memories of all those who weren't there...

Last edited:
I find that chickens and I have a one-way friendship.
lol.png
I love them, they hate me. I'll get them out of their little tractor and pet 'em while they try to lacerate my hands.

Yes, I do love hanging out with those birds.
smile.png
I'm the family's "chicken guy," since I'm out there as often as possible.

Quote:
Spring,summer, fall winter... Certified hermit...
big_smile.png
It saves money.. Turn the key on the automobile and you are spending money...
smile.png
Stay home and bliss.. Been more than two weeks since the last trip for supplies at the grocery...
smile.png

Give me the internet and let me choose who I will do face to face with and I am happy..

I can put up with BS on the net but not in person...

ON

Back
Top Bottom