Pics
I bought another brooder :oops: I'm going to connect it with my other one. Think my hubs may make me sleep in the chicken coop. It'll all be fine when everyone gets to eat the meat I raised!
I'm going to need to cut up your credit cards too. I see it coming.

Forget notes just get the eggs in the bator before they rot.
Y
I'm going to need to cut up your credit cards too. I see it coming.
:lau I don't need anything else for now. He's bringing tons of materials home from friends to build a big duck coop and the chicks already have somewhere to go. I'm waiting for them to feather out. Day 6 and they're a quarter of the way feathered. I'm sure I'll wait till week 4. I have 21 chicks living IN my spare room!

Y

:lau I don't need anything else for now. He's bringing tons of materials home from friends to build a big duck coop and the chicks already have somewhere to go. I'm waiting for them to feather out. Day 6 and they're a quarter of the way feathered. I'm sure I'll wait till week 4. I have 21 chicks living IN my spare room!
Turn your added heat on the down a little each day.

Turn your added heat on the down a little each day.
I've been doing that, I want them off the heat lamp weeks before I put them out. It's 50-60 during the day and 30s at night. We just need them to be big enough not to slip though the chain link fencing. They'll become dog food to the neighbor's dogs if they get out.

Honestly I think you’re definitely right and most people that do it aren’t near as precise as me but I also tend to be a bit OCD okay a lot OCD and it’s really hard for me to just let go and leave it alone. :oops:

But I do think making sure the hygrometers are accurate at the very least is important because you need to tell what it’s actually reading. The humidity isn’t an exact number, it can be a very wide range and plenty of people also “dry hatch” which is just a much lower humidity than most do, but you have to be able to at least tell what the actual humidity is so you can adjust as needed and make sure it’s within that range. Too low or too high can cause a lot of problems.

So for example mine is reading 12% right now so I need to test the hygrometers so I can see if it is actually that low because if so that is a problem.

For dry hatch it should be 25% to 35% and regular should be 45 to 55 or even some do 60 I think humidity.

So wide range as you can see and I think temp can be a range too but if it went to like 10 for example or 70 or something, those would cause serious issues for the hatch. At least if it was running those numbers long term. Briefly is probably okay.

But I’m OCD and this is difficult not constantly fidgeting with it. :oops:

Last night I went through probably half the notebook trying to make a chart/notes for the hatch cause my handwriting didn’t look right/wasn’t good enough. Most of that was just from the title alone, Barry even got past it. :oops:

And @Texas Kiki wonders why I need so much paper LOL

Please know that I intended no insult in my question. I'm not OCD but I'm crazy analytical and would be doing the same as you - tracking everything so I know what works for me... For example, I've got remote thermometers inside and outside my coop - tracking how much heat the coop holds with all chickens roosting - (12 degree low last night, but coop never got below 39 - so no frozen water inside!) My question was really more about whether the incubator swings in temp when opening, etc would be a non-issue. You guys have got me thinking of buying an incubator...

Back
Top Bottom