Kentucky people

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Rooky1, Jan 16, 2007.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    They were probably eating them. I know my cochins are laying, but I have only gotten 1 egg. There was an egg in there the other day, but when I finally remembered to get something to reach it with, it was gone [​IMG]

2. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:The buttons, if I forget to grab their eggs, they will push them out by the door so I can see them better [​IMG] silly birds

3. Mojo Chick'n

Oh, here's a neat thing - today after you left, Shelley, my neighbor stopped by and he had been given a heater base for a metal waterer - the guy gave it to him and he gave it to me - brand new old stock, but it works.

Would have been nice to have had it back a month or so ago [​IMG] but I'll take it anyway.

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:The buttons, if I forget to grab their eggs, they will push them out by the door so I can see them better [​IMG] silly birds

Mine always try to hide them. I wish I had enough room to put them in individual cages. They would probably set the eggs! Have you tried leaving the eggs, to see if yours would set them?​

5. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:[​IMG] yeah, but it's an older model, so it has to be used with a metal waterer or a metal pan - the plasti or rubber ones won't work on it.

I wonder how the duckies would like bathing in a roasting pan... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh shoot, gotta go pick Jon up from work, bye all, be back later.

meri

6. ladrifter

ladrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Liberty, Ky
    Quote:hope it misses us Shelley still no pips on my eggs

7. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    I think one of my OEGB hens has gone broody. One of the bantams, either the Mille Fluers from Flowerpot or the OEGB hens ahs been laying eggs recently. I pulled three of them out of the nest box but left the last two in it. Today when I went to feed and put more straw in the coop, I saw one of them go in the nest box and start to set on the eggs. SO if she has gone broody, I'll let her try and hatch them. If it's the OEGBs eggs then I know they will be pure and I can't wait to see what the babies turn out like. I'm gonna try and take pics tomorrow and post them.

8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    They usually take a while to lay, unless they are speed-layers like dad's cochin hen! She stays on the nest for 10 minutes tops!! If she stays on the nest tonight and tomorrow, then she most definitely is! I have noticed with mine that they will set on the eggs at night when it gets cooler, if they are getting broody. When they sit the nest during the day, that's when they are!! Get you some eggs to stick under her if she is!! Maybe your sikies or seramas you keep trying to get? [​IMG]

9. ladrifter

ladrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Liberty, Ky
    Quote:i've been thinking the same thing i was reading on another forum someone with eggs from the same person had some hatch on day 21 mine is on day 20 so maybe if i am lucky

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Who did you get them from? They don't have to hatch early, it's just that the usually do. If they are a bigger type, I would think that would make them hatch later. I had one of mine hatch on day 21, and it was just perfect!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by