KICKING THE CRAP out of the other eggs, do I take them out

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
Brinsea mini advance, 4 pipped early today, a couple of those 12 hours ago.. Two chicks hatched and they are craaaaazy
Just crazzzzy, pecking each other, leaping all over the other eggs, rolling them, playing basketball with them , kickball, soccer . You name it, then I swear their attacking each other...and it's the serema that keeps pecking at all the other eggs and the cochin

Should I swipe them out, or just leave em in their as two terrorist.....their like taz on crack, no joke

Leave em, or take them out...if I take them out it means iam opening the brisnea incubator

How much are they hurting the other eggs that are silent now, and not progressing?

Last edited:
I would take them out. I had one hatch the other day out of 8 and i left him in there and he did the same thing..... none of the others hatched although they too were wiggling before he hatched and went crazy. Good luck!

I don't think it will hurt the eggs, but hm....I don't know about the other chicks. Chicks on drugs.
lau.gif
Watch Out!
barnie.gif

Don't open your bator until the hatch is over. If you do, you run the risk of shrink wrapping the ones who haven't hatched yet.

Also, next hatch, you may want to put them in egg carton bottoms. That is how we hatch and it works so much better. You don't have to worry about the chicks rolling the un-hatched eggs around.

Quote:
This is why I don't do a Lockdown

I don't understand your post......... how is that anwering the Posters question???
hu.gif

Sorry sometimes brain works faster then the fingers; with this incubator you are stuck, high humidity is a self full filling proficy. Everybody says you need high humidity for a safe hatch, you don't, but because you have high humidity now you can't safely remove your chicks without having a problem that you thought was safe.

I don't have a Brinsea so I don't know how they work. I also don't have Serama's so I don't know their personality. I do have a Gen 1588 and my hatch previous to this one a bantam friz hatched two days early and I snatched it out and left the rest. Most of the others hatched ok.

IF, you have all the same breed and I don't think you do, AND today was hatch day, then I would give them whatever time you choose to finish. I figure they can stay there three days so I'd count from the day the first chick hatched and pull the plug at day three.

IF you only want to wait two days then do that but be prepared to pull the plug. ANY CHICKS THAT HAVE NOT FINISHED LEAVE THEM AND LET THEM EXPIRE. DO NOT HELP THEM UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES.

IF you remove the chicks that have hatched and wait for the rest, DO NOT HELP ANY OF THEM. IF THEY DON'T GET OUT ON THEIR OWN LEAVE THEM TO EXPIRE.

This is according to Don Schrider an expert with the ALBC. You will end up with crippled chicks who will suffer more than if you just let the expire, and you will suffer too when you have to cull them. Don says he drops the non finishers in a jar of water. Me I think the freezer does it faster. Chicks are very fragile when they are first born, the sooner the better.

Heaven only knows why some don't hatch, there are too many variables to blame any one thing. There are no one size fits all rules when it comes to hatching.

Hope all goes well

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom