Kombucha Tea

Tikkajazz94

Songster
11 Years
Feb 7, 2008
Southern Alberta, Canada
My friend gave me a tea mother (also know as a mushroom or a scoby). So I made a load and it made a baby, the tea tastes wonderful. I gave some to my sister and She likes it. I made another load, but I had to seperate the mom and the baby. And with doing this, I hit a piece of the mother and it came off. So When I made the load, I put that piece into a jar with some starter liquid. Now two more days till the tea is done and the mom is bigger, the baby is bigger, I will have another baby from this load, The piece of the mother as been turning into a scoby. So thats 4 so far. So I deicded With the tea thats already to drink, I don't like the flouters. So I strained it, but I found a gel. I picked it up, another scoby. Than With the other jar, another one. So now with a week and a half of making the tea, I already have 6 scobies. I can't believe it. Soon I will have to open a table at the farmer's market and sell tea and some scobies.

Yupp, it's funny like that. I used to end up with a new baby every batch. I got tired of the strict cleaning/sterilization stuff eventually though and forgot about it in my cabinet for about 6 months. Not pretty. Have fun though, lol!

i buy it bottled in many flavors. yummy stuff filled with probiotics! too bad it's so expensive. i need to find a friend with a batch i can get a baby from. traditionally, you're not supposed to buy a starter, it has to be given to you
smile.png

Quote:
me!!! but for different reasons
smile.png
I like the taste of fermented tea, and the free radicals totally scrub me out... Ok. well er.... Uh.... Yeah, like another poster said.. Activia type results may vary
wee.gif

LOVE Kombucha! I like to make it with Peach tea, it's delish! My last S.C.O.B.Y. got to be 3-4in thick!
lol.png
Then we went on vacation and it, and all it's babies died.
sad.png
I need to find another mother.

I think I might be scared to drink anything that has mothers and babies multiplying in it.
lol.png

Seriously though, I have never heard of this kombucha tea stuff. To the Google!

Back
Top Bottom