Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

For our second story we now have a floor!
View attachment 2363292View attachment 2363296View attachment 2363297
and some nice views from our SE bedroom windowView attachment 2363305
And our southern bedroom windowView attachment 2363304
So this is what I’ve been so engrossed in this year... Also today, I installed our new water pump in the trailer, in about 45 minutes, and like just magic, the annoyance of having no running water for the last 6+ months is solved. Ok, truthfully, there was a lot of “adult language”, one moment of water spraying out everywhere under my fridge (this is when BIL, the actual PLUMBER, decided to take his leave, after providing some thread tape and accepting a beer as payment) and much frustration because I don’t “do” plumbing, but I got it done, the water heater is back on, and I have running hot and cold water again! Well, I still have to collect it and pour it into the trailer, but still, it works! :celebrate
Oh Kris, this is so encouraging. I am so praying that you can get the full frame up before winter really sets in. The views are spectacular!

With all this practice on the trailer you will be quite the handywoman by the time the house is done.

Ok, so the fog didn’t clear up until late afternoon, so apologies for the awful lighting, and not much has changed on the outside....View attachment 2363267View attachment 2363269View attachment 2363271
But inside... we have some ceilings taking shape from the front door

View attachment 2363275
to my mother’s bathroom
View attachment 2363276
and our Kitchen/dining/living room
View attachment 2363281View attachment 2363277
Wow - it looks like great progress - last pictures I saw it didn't really have standing walls. The views are wonderful. I can see it won't be ready for winter but it is so exciting to see it coming together!

For our second story we now have a floor!
View attachment 2363292View attachment 2363296View attachment 2363297
and some nice views from our SE bedroom windowView attachment 2363305
And our southern bedroom windowView attachment 2363304
So this is what I’ve been so engrossed in this year... Also today, I installed our new water pump in the trailer, in about 45 minutes, and like just magic, the annoyance of having no running water for the last 6+ months is solved. Ok, truthfully, there was a lot of “adult language”, one moment of water spraying out everywhere under my fridge (this is when BIL, the actual PLUMBER, decided to take his leave, after providing some thread tape and accepting a beer as payment) and much frustration because I don’t “do” plumbing, but I got it done, the water heater is back on, and I have running hot and cold water again! Well, I still have to collect it and pour it into the trailer, but still, it works! :celebrate
Hi Kris so glad progress is being made. As By Bob said , I hope you can get tthe exterior finished before Winter ! Hope your Island escaped the Covid pandemic. I hope you did well with your chicken enterprises this summer.

Hi Kris so glad progress is being made. As By Bob said , I hope you can get tthe exterior finished before Winter ! Hope your Island escaped the Covid pandemic. I hope you did well with your chicken enterprises this summer.

Thanks! My chickens did really well this year, and by the end of the month I will be done the last run of meat birds. My layers kept up with the egg demand quite well, and our little advertising flyer had a huge impact on the sausage as egg sales. We have been very lucky in being already fairly isolated during the Pandemic, and our province had one of the best success rates in keeping the number of cases down. It’s scary though as something like 70% of our islands population is in the high risk age group, and of course everyone with a vacation home here wanted to flock to the safety of their summer home and work remotely from here.

Thanks! My chickens did really well this year, and by the end of the month I will be done the last run of meat birds. My layers kept up with the egg demand quite well, and our little advertising flyer had a huge impact on the sausage as egg sales. We have been very lucky in being already fairly isolated during the Pandemic, and our province had one of the best success rates in keeping the number of cases down. It’s scary though as something like 70% of our islands population is in the high risk age group, and of course everyone with a vacation home here wanted to flock to the safety of their summer home and work remotely from here.
It really is nice to have you back around again. I did not realize how much I missed you until you came back. Made me smile to see you on my thread this morning.

Good morning Kris :frow
Good morning Bob and Bob! :frow

It really is nice to have you back around again. I did not realize how much I missed you until you came back. Made me smile to see you on my thread this morning.

Thanks it’s good to be getting a little bit of free time again. I missed being here and chatting with everyone. Still don’t have the time to keep up everywhere (I’m going to have to catch up over on @Ribh’s thread too!)

Back
Top Bottom