Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

So I thought seeing as I’m going into my third hatch, I’d share the chicks from my last one in June again. Aside from the two very black ones, these are all Chickie Hawks babies. I only had one pullet from the Columbian Rock’s eggs, which I sold. So I’m hoping for some more this round because his cockerels by her are so cute! (They are the white specked ones)View attachment 1877359
They are all the same age, even that big guy staring right at the camera ^
View attachment 1877360
This guys a regular escapee ^
View attachment 1877361
Look at these adorable cheek puffs
View attachment 1877362
View attachment 1877363
View attachment 1877364
View attachment 1877367
Today I finally got to fixing the wire floor on the first tractor I built (we were working out all the kinks) which was smelly, had, hot work. But necessary... now I do t need to worry about the chickens falling through, or something trying to get up in the roosting area! Much better now.
View attachment 1877366

View attachment 1877365

It is so nice to see the birds again. Thanks for putting up the photos. They are very cute!

Hi! Can i join the chat?

As @rjohns39 said... of course! And welcome! I’m on the west coast in Canada, and I also always get my first round of chicken chores in before coffee and BYC, I promise I’m not sleeping in until 10ish my time... I’m letting my poor distraught chickens out for the day!

Morning Kris :frow

Loved the pics of the birds :love as for FIL well just :hugs

Oh and my early starters are running around playing soccer with the other eggs. Can't really see them with my set up but can see the movement.

That’s the part I find the MOST stressful. The playing soccer with your sisters and brothers still in the eggs! I’ve lost three chicks so far in the two hatches to getting flipped after pipping. That’s what happened with cup baby last time, pipped then flipped, and he started zipping too soon. I get that there’s no way to easily stop it, but I mean under mama hen I’m thinking her setting on them would sort of stop that, hold the eggs in place a bit more than even the shelf liner. Hoping for the best for your chicks!

I actually found that FIL moment somewhat hilarious. Probably because I walked away as soon as the car showed up. I mean, really? you describe exactly where to find the tool, then take it, put it in your car, and disappear with it for four hours? Showing up with it when the task is basically finished? I found it funny, well the struggling with the giant tires part not so much... but the sensible “here’s the tool they need, I should drive it to the other side of the island for a while” part.

I'm sure Kris will say yes and welcome, but she won't be awake for a few hours. She's on west coast time.
As @rjohns39 said... of course! And welcome! I’m on the west coast in Canada, and I also always get my first round of chicken chores in before coffee and BYC, I promise I’m not sleeping in until 10ish my time... I’m letting my poor distraught chickens out for the day!

Thanks both!

That’s the part I find the MOST stressful. The playing soccer with your sisters and brothers still in the eggs! I’ve lost three chicks so far in the two hatches to getting flipped after pipping. That’s what happened with cup baby last time, pipped then flipped, and he started zipping too soon. I get that there’s no way to easily stop it, but I mean under mama hen I’m thinking her setting on them would sort of stop that, hold the eggs in place a bit more than even the shelf liner. Hoping for the best for your chicks!

I actually found that FIL moment somewhat hilarious. Probably because I walked away as soon as the car showed up. I mean, really? you describe exactly where to find the tool, then take it, put it in your car, and disappear with it for four hours? Showing up with it when the task is basically finished? I found it funny, well the struggling with the giant tires part not so much... but the sensible “here’s the tool they need, I should drive it to the other side of the island for a while” part.
FIL would make a great tv comedy. Living it day to day ~ not so much fun. :( :flfor both hatches ~ & I am expecting pictures guys: @rjohns39 @Kris5902 :)

So I thought seeing as I’m going into my third hatch, I’d share the chicks from my last one in June again. Aside from the two very black ones, these are all Chickie Hawks babies. I only had one pullet from the Columbian Rock’s eggs, which I sold. So I’m hoping for some more this round because his cockerels by her are so cute! (They are the white specked ones)View attachment 1877359
They are all the same age, even that big guy staring right at the camera ^
View attachment 1877360
This guys a regular escapee ^
View attachment 1877361
Look at these adorable cheek puffs
View attachment 1877362
View attachment 1877363
View attachment 1877364
View attachment 1877367
Today I finally got to fixing the wire floor on the first tractor I built (we were working out all the kinks) which was smelly, had, hot work. But necessary... now I do t need to worry about the chickens falling through, or something trying to get up in the roosting area! Much better now.
View attachment 1877366

View attachment 1877365

So sweet! What breed gets the cheek puffs? Will they lay blue eggs?:fl

Back
Top Bottom