Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

Yes, it’s going up pretty quickly! I’m pleased with it. And my incubation seems to be going better than usual as well, temperature is holding perfectly this time, humidity at 45%, but I can’t really lower that
Exciting stuff. Everything will be better once it's done. :hugs

What didn’t happen yesterday, but did today
(A house update!)

So, I didn’t forget to post a house update yesterday... absolutely nothing happened. FIL didn’t even drive up to the site. Today they made up for it. I now have three walls on the main floor!
:celebrate It’s going very well, except for a few small gaps. But pictures are worth 1000 words so:

View attachment 2028147View attachment 2028139

And our views from the Kitchen, west, then south:
View attachment 2028141View attachment 2028142

Dining Room French doorsView attachment 2028143

And Living Room Windows:
View attachment 2028140

Don’t worry, the piles of junk will be removed, and all the giant dirt piles will be used for backfill. Tomorrow we plan on applying the waterproofing to the foundation (the weather forecast changed or we would’ve done it today) and then I’ll be working on the floors over at my friend’s job site. Andrew might get a start on the perimeter drain.
Oh to have windows with a view :bow:hit

:wee
Will roof go up as fast as walls?
Then things may slow down....but manoman.....how gratifying to see those walls go up!!
Great pics!

The Roof is going to be... interesting, to put it mildly. Common practice now is not to rafter frame your roof, but to use pre-engineered prebuilt trusses. You don’t want to know how much more difficult it is to get the building department to sign off on an old traditionally built roof (which are actually better). A local Carpenter has been in “discussion” (think full blown stand-off) with them for over a year now regarding his garage roof.

We have the North Wall and second floor to go up yet, before we get to the roof, but stack another level an floor on there, then we are going to have to get the 40’ plus Trusses on top of that. This is where the wow it’s getting really big comes into play. The tractor won’t reach, I don’t know if there’s even large enough equipment on island to do it. We may need to build a log swing type crane arrangement. Assuming we get that done and sheathed, there is just one other little hurdle.

We budgeted (past tense important) for a metal Roof, not included, and dropped $5k off the package price by not taking the included (not great quality) asphalt shingle roof. So we kind of don’t have the roof. Small oversight. I’m sure it will all work out, somehow.

Back
Top Bottom