Lack of respect in young people today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
i dont see this as arguing at all in any way....

i see this as a discussion of different opinions.... on the subject........

if no one talked about these things.....nothing will ever change.........for the better or worse.......

as far as i know, the only way things ever change is because people got together and talked about things and how they could be changed .....and discussed their opinions....example: Boston Tea party, the fight for American Independence....ect ect ect...

arguing to me is name calling ect back n forth..........
and i haven't seen any of that here......

Hmmm... this is a very touchy thread I see. I agree about her needing to mind her own business to a point. I can see why she'd wonder what was going on, and want to check. I would check on my neighbors to be quite honest, especially if there had been past problems in our area. But maybe not confront, if things were ok, just move on. I guess none of us were there, so it is really hard to say. I am glad noone was hurt. The disrespect shown to the OP was bad, I absolutely agree with this. That would give me red alerts about possible trouble makers, if they behave this disrespectfully.

2 o'clock in the morning, noise loud enough that distance from my house to disturb my dog which in
turn would have disturbed me. I would have done about the same as the OP did except that I would have
probably called my local Sheriffs dept. to make a disturbing the peace complaint. But if I would have called
and they decided that they did not have to come out to handle the situation, I could guarantee it would not have
happened a 2nd time. Our Sheriff dept knows me well enough (I was their employee until I got hurt and had to quit)
that if I call for them to send a deputy out to our location, they might better send one quickly.
But all in all I can't blame it all on the young people having a lack of respect. I would blame it on their sorry excuse
of parents that did not know how to raise their kids up to know how to treat and respect other people. Many is the
time I wished I could have had a few minutes alone with some of those parents.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I would have to agree with that on the lack of respect in older people. If they were on a public street they have every right to be there, the OP's dog woke them up not the people on the street. For whatever reason if I chose to walk down my country road in the middle of the night and somebody feels the need to harass me I can promiss 100% you aren't going to like my responce to you, and I doubt you would be able to type it on this forum. The key thing is I have the right to be on the street no matter what people think....sorry if you don't like that.

Steve

Um, I think the OP stated the people were underage- thus they were probably breaking curfew (most states do still have a curfew for minors) ALSO, they were DRUNK in public, thats usually illegal no matter your age (unless thats just a CA law), so IMO- they had NO right to be there at all, let alone choosing to be so nasty to someone who was talking to them.

IF..you walked down a road,
IF it was the middle of the night,
IF.. I decided to 'harrass" you (the OP was NOT harrassing, btw)
IF..you choose to respond rudely to me.......

All these if's.... I believe the proper response to the ifs would be that old song- If only IF's and Buts, were candy and nuts.....etc
tongue.png

Quote:
I don't need you to have any time with me but you can have my kids and see if you can change them.
tongue.png

Must be the season (and I'm skimming over the past few pages).

Woke up at 12:30am to the dog barking, and this dog almost NEVER barks. When she does, it's usually something to be aware of, and many times it's because there is a person on the property that I guess the dog realizes we aren't aware of (she never barks if we notice someone pulling in).

Hubby looks out the window to see a truck driving on our lawn pushing our garbage kirby all over, along with a second garbage kirby. He hopped up and ran out with his phone, but the people (somehow I'm thinking in the under 25 crowd), gassed it and took off.

We now have two garbage kirbys, both of which are mangled and will need to be returned. I imagine it's the same punks who stole our initial kirby a few weeks ago. Our garbage folks say it's out of control right now, they are getting calls right and left from the police and from homeowners for stolen kirbies. The one the punks "returned" isn't our original one (completely different type). Not that it matters, they're all jacked up.

Stupidity is frustrating.

Quote:
I would have to agree with that on the lack of respect in older people. If they were on a public street they have every right to be there, the OP's dog woke them up not the people on the street. For whatever reason if I chose to walk down my country road in the middle of the night and somebody feels the need to harass me I can promiss 100% you aren't going to like my responce to you, and I doubt you would be able to type it on this forum. The key thing is I have the right to be on the street no matter what people think....sorry if you don't like that.

To all the people that jump on the bring out a gun bandwagon that is the worst thing you can do unless you are prepared to back it up with deadly force.

well if'n u live in the country and it isn't illegal to discharge a firearm, holler SHUDDUP and put a couple holes into the ground in front of ya. Usually works wonders around here.

I had a person do that to me once and they got the suprise of their lives when I took the gun from them and gave them an education in gun control by beating them with their own gun. All the big bad talk went away when they found somebody that was ready to back it up.

Steve​

Steve, you did that from 200 feet away?

Like a lot of you posting here I too live in the "boonies". If my German Shepherd starts barking at 2 am the first thing I'm doing is grabbing up a gun to investigate. Every time I hear noises at 2 am I wake up to ...............no mailbox, trash dumped at the end of my driveway, dog/cat dumped etc. Never someone mowed my yard, pulled the weeds, left flowers............they are ALWAYS up to no good.
And I was one of those that roamed the streets at 2am as a teen. (Can I sleep over at Ricks house mom? And Rick was sleeping over at my house.) And we were ALWAYS up to no good. But we never showed ourselves or made noise to wake people and would NEVER have disrespected an adult if caught. Everybody knew everybody where I grew up and had I disrespected an adult, after they beat my rear end, they'd have turned me over to my parents to finish beating what was left.

Last edited:
I've been following along for a bit and felt like pointing out a few things.

~Curfew usually applies to persons under 16-18, meaning even if they were under 21 they still could have been out after curfew without breaking it.
~Alcohol makes some people agitated and full of themselves, meaning they will say and do things they wouldn't normally do, i.e. blatant rudeness and overreaction.
~People who know they are doing something that could get them in trouble will usually be much more agitated when confronted by someone they don't know.
~OP had every right to go and see what was making her dog bark. We live in a country with that freedom. It is helpful to keep in mind that not everyone will appreciate you checking on them, and they might just let you know.
~Some younger people can have a bad attitude for whatever reason (Unhappy home life, A recent fight with friends, Sickness, Etc.) but some older people also have the same bad attitude for the same reasons.
~The Rule of Thumb was 'You want respect you give respect.' Now people of all ages feel that they deserve respect for their own personal ego's sake. It isn't always the fault of the parent, but rather a fault of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom