Lack of respect in young people today

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYchickies

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 21, 2010
2am today my dog wakes me barking seriously at something outside. Afraid that it may be something after the chicks, I went dowstairs. I could hear male voices out on the road (app. 200 ft. from my house). I am on a rural back road. My nearest neighbor sits farther back than I. Anyhow, absolutely no reason for anyone to be out there at 2am. So, call the State Police and asked if they'd send someone by if in area. He was less than interested, and said that people were allowed to walk down the road. So, being awake, I took my 110lb Shepherd mix and drove down the road. 3 teens were hanging around the end of the neighbors driveway. I asked what they were doing "walking home, none of your business, don't be a bit@#" They were coming from a party up the road. I told them they needed to get home and quit waking people up. Then one called me a dirty whore. I think even more irritating about the incident- the trooper's attitude. Um, gee, why do towns and cities have neighborhood watch programs? And, I doubt that the kids drinking and driving (4 cars came down the road when I was out there) were of age, not to mention just plain old DWI. This is why I live in the country and try to stay to my own. Good watch dog, Murph, good dog.

What a jerk that trooper was! Yeah..people can walk down the road..but NOT if they are being so loud they are waking people up at 2am...
there ARE noise laws about that...
I would call and make a complaint to that guys boss...

Last edited:
Quote:
I think actually the dog woke NYchickies up, "2am today my dog wakes me barking seriously at something outside".

The OP said her dog woke her. I also have to kinda agree with the trooper. Yes the kids were rude when confronted, but they were walking home, minding their own business, if perhaps louder than they should have been. But if the houses are 200 ft from the road, maybe they thought no one would hear them. So, unless there is a curfew in your area, these "kids" were breaking no laws, and harming no one.

I called the troopers before I knew who was out there, or what was going on. And, since the trooper didn't seem to be interested in finding out what was going on, I drove down there. And, for everyone who wants to tell me to mind my own business- when I was young we lived 3 miles at the end of a dirt road. One night a man drove a young girl up there, and raped her. My family didn't hear anything, but if we had, should we just have minded our own business when something out of the ordinary was going on?

There IS a way to get the police out there, & it works. Tell them to send someone out before you have to take care of this matter yourself. It's not a threat, but they do hurry out.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I think actually the dog woke NYchickies up, "2am today my dog wakes me barking seriously at something outside".

Yes, because people were outside being loud enough to wake the dogs up.
Where i live, if its after 10 pm at night and people are outside being loud... we can call the police and they come out and handle it. There a reason for this law... so disrespectful punks just cant go around waking up the neighborhood at 2am... when people have to get up for work the next day.
I have no problem with the kids being out at 2am..(if thats what their idiot parents allow..)... but you had darn well better be quiet around my house when my family is trying to sleep.
We're talking about 2AM here folks.. not 2 in the afternoon..
roll.png

Last edited:
well if'n u live in the country and it isn't illegal to discharge a firearm, holler SHUDDUP and put a couple holes into the ground in front of ya. Usually works wonders around here.

Now a days the only punks left on the road ride their bikes quickly and quietly by
smile.png
wee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom