Lakeshore Eggers?

Updated pic of Sunflower with her sister, Dahlia!
663DCF95-E227-4288-88ED-791F03C9FBF3.jpeg

I picked up one of those on accident a few years back. I have read that they make an odd, yet gorgeous clay/cream colored egg, not blue or green. The one I had laid the pretty clay/cream ones. They are not the prettiest, but they are not ugly either. If you google them that's exactly what mine looked like. She was towards the top of the flock in pecking order, and stood her ground, but was not aggressive. She was intelligent and alert, did well in weather changes. She passed away from a fox attack, but she was an excellent layer and I got a very large egg almost daily.

If you go to Meyer's website and type in Lakeshore Easter Egger.. Those pretty eggs are exactly what she laid and I have heard others who owned them say the same about the egg color.

That’s so sweet!! I can’t wait for her to lay a beautiful green egg! I’ll share pics! 💚
Well, 23 weeks old and Sunflower laid her first egg. It’s pinkish tan. :barnie I was really hoping for a green egg. Hope I have better luck with my Silverudd’s Blue pullets. (Addicted to green eggs)

Got my three lakeshore eggers in last Thursday. Love the little things, so sweet. I think Deb is going to be a cream color. Interesting to see what color her face is going to be. I was going to name the yellow one Lily, but a friend of mine, Debbie, said "Oh name her Deb after me". So, there ya go. I have always tried to use old southern names for my hens, but I guess Deb could be for Debbie or Debutante.

Attachments

• Abigail 9.17.20.jpg
    Abigail 9.17.20.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Deb 1.jpg
    Deb 1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Bonnie 2.jpg
    Bonnie 2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 12
Well, 23 weeks old and Sunflower laid her first egg. It’s pinkish tan. :barnie I was really hoping for a green egg. Hope I have better luck with my Silverudd’s Blue pullets. (Addicted to green eggs)
Here she is with Annie who named her!

Attachments

• 00787352-CF48-4109-9B16-DF8636825806.jpeg
    00787352-CF48-4109-9B16-DF8636825806.jpeg
    546.2 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom