Larkwell Valley (2023)

If I wanted to mKe black and whiterunners, how would I go about doing that? I thought if I paired a black with a fawn&white, I could get the black where the fawn is, but I guess it makes all sorts of other colors According to the calculator
Wish I could help. I did a little searching, but I don’t know if the fawn in runners comes from the buff gene or the chocolate gene. And I suppose they carry the runner gene, but I don’t know much about it either.
I did find a nice site with some good pics and descriptions.
https://www.runnerduck.net/standard-colours.php

Screenshot_20240112-215415_AccuWeather.jpg

Had to bring in 2 Cornish bantams last night. So there are 6 birds inside as of now and I still have to get outside and check on the others.

Today is supposed to be the last negative day, really hoping it is. This long with this bad of weather and the birds start to just give up. So far the ducks seem fine (if a bit messy on their faces), but I've made sure that they can't get everything muddy right now too to try and protect their feet

Well, it was.-8 for a.short while. Back down to -14 though. Spanish was nearly comatose, she's inside with a little hotties pack under her, sleeping now. Everyone else seems like they've still got a bit of hope left.

Cuzco had his feet washed today. Hoping that they can start healing, but my heavy framed birds almost always have more complications with their frozen feet, so I really don't have much hope sadly for him. He already had issues last year that struggled to heal, and that wasn't a big injury either

It would probably be easier for you to post pics of the ones you receive, then we can tell you what color they are. Plus we get the benefit of seeing your little cuties! :D
Tag me with pics, if you remember, please.
Of course!
After looking at their color choices, I figured I’d could find a baby pic of each.

White will of course be totally yellow as a baby, black will be solid black. If there is any yellow on the breast of a black duckling, the yellow will turn white and the duck will be black bibbed. Same for blue.
Magpie, I believe, should be a specific pattern of black and white, if the pattern doesn’t match the official pattern, it’s just blue pied or black pied, not necessarily magpie. Hope that makes sense. I don’t think I have any that fit the official description of Magpie.
View attachment 3724353
View attachment 3724359

Grey will be black with yellow “diamonds” on its back, and prominent eye stripes. Blue fawn is marked the same with the yellow diamonds, but the main down is blue.
This is a Grey, Blue Fawn, and Nutmeg (grey with chocolate genes)
View attachment 3724358

Pastel looks really light yellow, but it’s not a vibrant yellow. It’s more dull, with a hint of blue-ish coloring. I can’t seem to find a pic of Pastel or Snowy at the moment. I’ll keep looking.

Penciled should look like a mix of grey/blue with eye stripes, but have some scattered yellow throughout. I don’t have any penciled personally.
So the variety pack is black, blue, white, pastel, gray, snowy, and penciled. So based on what the said, the pictures that you have for those is just the gray, and then the description of penciled, pastel, white, and black? Here’s the pictures on the website.
1705363980010.jpeg

1705363990173.jpeg

1705364018721.jpeg

1705364028834.jpeg

1705364040873.jpeg

1705364051743.jpeg

1705364077180.jpeg

And a blurry pastel I found online
1705363963009.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom