Left for dead on my door

Sylverfly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Northeastern Michigan
Someone dropped three tiny chicks off at my house today. They were left on my porch in a plastic grocery bag…not even a box… a plastic bag loosely tied shut. They were all cold but one had its eye tightly closed I used a warm damp paper towel to wipe the eye and white goo came out the eye is now open and looking clear. Was its eye just like that because it was cold? And what breed are these chicks? They all look the same but each one is colored a little differently. I made a makeshift brooder and they are doing much better but they seem to be peeping rather loudly.

chick006.jpg

chick005.jpg

Last edited:
awwwwwwww...poor babies! What kind of jerk would put them in a plastic bag? At least you have an excuse for more chicks- and cute chicks! Congrats on the silkies!

White goop coming out means it probably has an eye infection. I would keep it clean and keep an eye on it.

And I agree- Silkie/Silkie x chicks.

They are cuties! Peeping loudly usually means they are cold. If you put a gallon of hot water wrapped in a towel into the brooder, they may snuggle up to it & stop peeping. Or if you have a heat lamp, that could help too.

celebrate.gif
for the chicks for "landing" on your doorstep. I am so glad they did not freeze to death.

Poor little peeps...................what is wrong with some people
barnie.gif

For the peeping, besides your heat check, my indoor chicks love a stuffed animal that they can cuddle with.

Back
Top Bottom