Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
New nesting boxes are done!

IMG_0333.JPG

I am getting a bit nervous / anxious / excited about the new chicks.
To be back up to full flock size is exciting. We built our coop, according to standards, to house 16 birds. In 2014 we had 14.
@BY Bob
I wonder how Bob Rooster will do with the chicks?:confused::jumpy I am going to have to keep a good eye on him for quite a while.
I noticed yesterday a few of the hens have cuts in their combs:( I'll look up a
solution, maybe a helmet

Last edited:
I am getting a bit nervous / anxious / excited about the new chicks.
To be back up to full flock size is exciting. We built our coop, according to standards, to house 16 birds. In 2014 we had 16.
@BY Bob
I wonder how Bob Rooster will do with the chicks?:confused::jumpy I am going to have to keep a good eye on him for quite a while.
I noticed yesterday a few of the hens have cuts in their combs:( I'll look up a
solution, maybe a helmet
More hens! But the favorites will still get scarred up.

Nesting_Pads_885x885_NEW_1_540x.jpg
I got these to put in the new nesting boxes.
I didnt like the wood shavings all over so I tried them.
Day one, you know how hens like to scratch up the nest? Well these got pretty roughed up. We'll see how the week goes, but the verdict is still out.

1620392383736.png

I just went out to open the coop windows and scoop poo. I had put 2 pads in each nesting box, so the boxes that didnt get used I took one pad out and added it to the ones that did. Later I'll go down and add to the ones I took from. AND refill the water, ?One of the chickens managed to knock the water pan off the water jug and all of the water drained out,

I just got some new chicks, and to fill up the box I ordered the assorted chicks. I got 2 Nelson Exchequer Leghorns, the cutest ones in the box! They are the only yellow chicks, maybe that's why. They have just a couple of black specks right now, but are supposed to be pretty black and white spotted. The first photo is yesterday, right after they got here, the next is what a mess they made in only one day! The last photo is one of my brown Leghorns, just because! She is a great bug and lizard hunter.

Attachments

• IMG_6134.JPG
    IMG_6134.JPG
    570.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6151.JPG
    IMG_6151.JPG
    541.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6102.JPG
    IMG_6102.JPG
    800.1 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.