Lemon Blue and Self Blue

Quote:
Have you not received that box yet !
hide.gif

Quote:
Yes, they do have the darker blue, but I will keep trying. I want their color to look just like the Lemon Blue OE bantams, but not an easy task.

Quote:
Not at all. Partridge are e^b based; females have penciled feathers (multiple lacing) over their entire body. They have the duckwing triangle. Lemon blue are E^R based; females have laced gold on the head and hackles; males also on shoulders and saddle. Both genders have some lacing on their breasts, but the remainder of their plumage is solid coloured. They do not have the duckwing triangle, but instead are crowwing. This is the same as birchen, but with gold replacing silver and blue diluting black.

I was out looking at the chicks in the brooder and looks like I may have a few LB splashes in there, which are useful in breeding Lemon Blues. It would be nice to breed some LB splash hens to my Brown Red roo(my avatar) to put some more size and maybe some wider heads.

That is what I plan on doing with my Brown Red roo, I have 3 splash hens. What do you think about breeding a super light LB to a BR?

here is my roo.

2wp7dj8.jpg

Candace

Quote:
IMO, dealing with the blue gene you will probably still get a variety of light, medium and dark blue. But, I would give it a try, might get some real nice ones.

This is the color of blue I am wanting in my lemon blues. At the shows the lemon blue old english come in dark, medium and light blue as does any blue bird.
26231_birds09_025.jpg

Quote:
Yes, Blues come in shades..What I was referring to(I should have explained better)when I mentioned Lemon Blue OE is the Lemon Color not the color of blue.

Am wondering what the difference is (if one) between this thread's topic and the blue copper/black copper seen in Marans? Here's our blue copper Marans pullet
17059_dsc05310.jpg

It seems visually similar to the recent lemon blue large fowl cochin auctions. Knowing how black/blue/splash work together....I realized I hadn't seen a splash copper color in Marans.
Thanks swheat for posting all 3 colors in the bantam cochins --seeing the splash sport, lemon blue & brown red all together!

Back
Top Bottom