Lemon blue Cochin x blue cochin

Turtle1626

Chirping
Feb 19, 2024
Does anyone know what I’ll get if I crossed a Lemon blue Cochin to a Blue Cochin. If I was to cross their offspring would I hatch out Lemon blue Cochins?

Does anyone know what I’ll get if I crossed a Lemon blue Cochin to a Blue Cochin. If I was to cross their offspring would I hatch out Lemon blue Cochins?
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer:

I assume the "Blue Cochin" is blue all over?

In that case, crossing the two should give some black, some blue, and some splash, but none of them will have the "lemon" part-- just black or blue or splash almost all over, with a chance of some color leakage. These would be F1 birds (first generation of crossing.)

Crossing one of the blue F1 birds with any other color of F1 bird should give you a few lemon blue chicks, along with more of the other colors (blue without the lemon, along with black or splash or maybe some of each. Maybe also a few lemon splash, and whatever you call that color/pattern when it has black instead of blue or splash.)

Or, crossing one of the black F1 birds with a splash F1 bird should give you just blue chicks, with about 1/4 of them being lemon blues and the other 3/4 being solid blue or almost-solid blue with bits of leakage.

Back
Top Bottom