Lemon Pyle Brahma cross babies - more pictures post #18

Sjisty

Scribe of Brahmalot
12 Years
May 18, 2009
Brooksville
Being that I only have one lemon pyle Brahma chicken (it's a hen), I let her run with a light Brahma and a Partridge Brahma. This is what I ended up with:

31698_p1010198.jpg
31698_p1010200.jpg
31698_p1010204.jpg
31698_p1010209.jpg

I ended up with about 14 chicks, most of them with the lighter color of their mom. There is one that almost looks like a buff Brahma (about 4 o'clock in the fourth picture), but I don't have a buff roo. Two look like dark Brahma only with buff coloring. The one in the far upper right corner in the fourth picture (leaving the bowl) is a gold laced cochin, so is not related. I'm not sure what I am going to do with these guys, but just wanted to share some pics!

Last edited:
There are things at play here that I do not understand. If your hen is a variation of a splash/blue buff columbian as I previously suspected, I would expect to see some blue silver columbian pullets(light with blue tail/neck) fathered by your light male. Or some light with red leakage cockerels, but no white chicks at all confuses me. The patterned pullet makes sense, fathered by the partridge. Do you have any shots of the co- dads?

I don't have any pictures of my lemon pyle's parents, or of the partridge roo's parents. I lost my roo a week ago, I think due to the heat. I do have a full partridge chick of his and others in the 'bator, so I'll at least have a few of his progeny.

This is Gizmo, the partridge roo - yes, vulture hocks.

31698_p1000837.jpg

Rocky, my light boy - I know, squirrel tail, but I still love him!

31698_p1000514.jpg

Here are more pics of Buttercup, my lemon pyle - By the way, the chicks seen with her are some cochin eggs I won on eBay, so they are not hers.

31698_p1000784.jpg
31698_p1010018.jpg
31698_p1000999.jpg

Last edited:
Alright I have a theory.

Let's assume that the partridge is dad, and is blue.

For mom, let's say she is a splash buff columbian with the dilute gene. Making her a splash patterned lemon/cream columbian.

Using Henk's calculator this cross produces both splash and blue pattered lemon/cream columbian males, and both splash and blue patterned lemon/cream (incomplete)columbian females.

Does this hypothesis have legs?

Back
Top Bottom