Phillisy

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2019
Alberta, Canada
This is our second year with BP Brahmas, and we have a BP rooster over Gold hens and a single BP hen. Recently we hatched out a batch for a customer, and ended up with what I’m assuming is a Splash/Red Pyle for the first time! It was so much lighter than the others when it hatched that I did a triple take 😂. Our customer only wanted blue and gold partridge, so the lonely RP is staying here with me as a grow out (hoping I can find it a few friends soon, as we have no others hatches planned at the moment).

Google image searches don’t show up much, and this is the first time I’ve seen a Red Pyle, so if you have any pictures of yours, at any age, I would love to see them!

8C953CA6-0183-4031-87C9-A4AABEAA4C5A.jpeg
77897B47-550B-45FA-8CEB-9578E0108EB7.jpeg

Edit: Added photos 😊

Last edited:

Phillisy

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Do you have pictures of the parents? I've never even heard of these colors for this breed
They’re not very common. I just took all of my pictures off my phone the other day, but I will try and get some new ones in the next little while to post. My hens all look awful because the rooster is very... amorous, I haven’t had any luck finding saddles that work, but I have a few younger grow out hens I can get some pictures of.

Last edited:

Phillisy

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 9, 2019
Alberta, Canada
@JacinLarkwell these are a couple of my grow out ladies, they hatched either the end of March, or the beginning of April, so they’re only... 9-10 weeks old, I think. This year has been so hectic that I’ve lost track of time lol. Type wise they’re nowhere near where I would like them to be, but that’s part of the fun of working on them.

This is a gold partridge (also referred to as just partridge).
5683DB0F-27A2-42D8-B7A1-3A0AC2807CD2.jpeg

And this is a blue partridge (the mum of the chick in the first post is this colour).
FFEE60D7-4812-4ED5-B34A-68ACF5B4B4FF.jpeg

Top Bottom