LETHARGIC ROOSTER

funkychickenmom

Songster
May 19, 2017
I have just come back from vacation (my husband has been home taking care of the birds) and one of my favorite roosters is very lethargic It just started today. He can stand but he doesn't move at all even when I go to pick him up. He is keeping his eyes closed. I separated him from the rest of the flock and put him in the emergency cage with food and water. He acted like he wanted to eat when I put the food in but seemed like he struggled. His poo looks normal and his crop is not swollen I literally have no clue what is going on with him but don't want to lose him and can not find a vet that will treat chickens. When I felt his crop he seemed like he wanted to get away from me but it is not swollen so I don't think it is sour crop.

Attachments

• WIN_20170612_210135.JPG
    WIN_20170612_210135.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
  • WIN_20170612_210115.JPG
    WIN_20170612_210115.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 9
  • WIN_20170612_210122.JPG
    WIN_20170612_210122.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
I just used a dropper with water that has vitamins and electrolytes and tried to make him drink it and he just lets it roll out of his mouth he wont even try to drink it.

Poor guy.
He has been eating and drinking fine up until today? Or you are not sure?

I have not seen it myself but my husband said that he has been acting normal until today.. my husband said that he had been trying to crow and it sounded funny

Did he get mites from the one you brought home a few weeks ago?
I just skimmed your other posts.
Mites can suck the life right out of them.

I have not seen any mites on him I now do a mite inspection regularly I kept the other away from the flock so that they would not get them and treated everything I just looked over him again and have not seen any

Back
Top Bottom