Let's plan a Quail egg hatch... set 'em Sept. 1, hatch 'em Sept 17-19+

Lockdowns on the 27th for me!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
YAY!

I lost two out of my 37 yesterday. Both were English whites. I noticed that one was extra tired and weak when I cleaned the brooder and was transferring them to the box I use as a temporary brooder. The two that died weren't attacked. They were whole, just trampled flat. Coturnix really don't care what/where they are stepping!

I also noticed that two were injured on their wings. I thought that maybe they got pooped on. They looked like dried blood. I couldn't tell where where they were injured. I watched most of the night and didn't see anyone picking on them or their injuries. I guess we'll see what happens when I get home tonight.

most of the ones that i hatched are thriving, but 1 lost one the day after, and another one the day after, there are still 2 or 3 that look droppy almost in there, not sure what the issue is.

It seems I lose 2 every hatch... This hatch I only lost one, but ended up killing a second.
sad.png
Man that really hurts my feelings. I was moving them from the brooder to the cage and one must have jumped out of the cage I didnt see. I left and come back a little later and it was dead on the floor. I probably stepped on him. Dang that really hurts me...

Sorry for your losses . I went out this morning to feed the quail and there was a gaping hole in the pen and all my breeder stock was missing.
rant.gif
Anyone feel like shooting some feral dogs? I put a post with the whole story under predators and pests. Poor quail just started laying the beginning of this month:-(

Back
Top Bottom