Let's put our party hats on!

Jewels1935

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 4, 2011
Central Florida
Okay, I know most of you say don't touch the eggs after 18 days. I have 5 under a broody and she's still turns the eggs, moves off them for 5 minutes a day. Yesterday was day 21 for me, so this morning at 6:57 while she was off her nest eating, I checked the eggs. I have internal pips
D.gif
I can see the beak clear as day inside the air-cell, pecking away. I marked the eggs with a pencil on site where the beak was hitting. Now, I wont touch them. Thing is, if humidity is an issue, why would mama still remove herself off the eggs and continue turning them? I didn't sleep much last night. I sat the hamper next to my bed and she moved around alot last night, scratching and making nest larger. When I woke, she had moved her eggs a few inches over and was facing another direction.

Nature works in amazing ways, but I promise NOT to touch anymore. I know all are alive and we have internal pips. I just don't understand why they continue to turn eggs if it's dangerous to the peep?

But anyways....Lets put our party hats on and get ready for
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
and don't forget about
D.gif
she is doing a great job.

Wow! Congrats Jewels! Im pretty sure I heard a internal pop also this morning! Sure hope so. I hope I get a little surprise when I get home from work!
smile.png

Quote:
Me too! This sure has been an exciting, nerve wreaking experience!! My goodness, and mama just sits there like "what? Can I help you?" everytime I look at her!
lau.gif

Quote:
Me too! This sure has been an exciting, nerve wreaking experience!! My goodness, and mama just sits there like "what? Can I help you?" everytime I look at her!
lau.gif

At least you don't have the worry that you may/ could do something wrong since they will have a mama! Any hatchlings yet??

Quote:
lau.gif

At least you don't have the worry that you may/ could do something wrong since they will have a mama! Any hatchlings yet??

Not yet..I'll check the eggs when she takes her next water break
D.gif
She's sitting tight now. I have the hamper in the living-room, so I can listen for peeps
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

Not yet..I'll check the eggs when she takes her next water break
D.gif
She's sitting tight now. I have the hamper in the living-room, so I can listen for peeps
jumpy.gif

Ok let us know as soon as something happens. I sure hope when I get home I At least have a pip!

Back
Top Bottom