LG or GQF for incubation?

I have 3 LG's. I have no Hovas.

Generally the reviews I have read make the LG the better choice, hence
why I have them.

Either one will need the forced air version and egg turner. Trying to regulate
temp is hard enough. Having to open them three times a day and regulate
temp is impossible.

eggcartons.com has both models in stock. They are a sponsor here and nice
folks. Call them and see which one they reccomend.

FYI Purple... GQF is not a hova a Hova bator is similar to a Little Giant bator. I have a Sportsman GQF. You can google them and see one.

Arklady

Paula, GQF Manufacturing makes the Hovabator as well as the Sportsman, although they are pretty far apart in performance and price! I have a Hova and I don't think there is that much difference in any of the foam bators, but I do think that an auto turner and a fan do make a difference in the performance of either one.

GQF for me, auto temp with fan, and auto egg turner works well and had good hatches in most cases.

Had a LG incubator and it was a piece of junk and I tossed it in the garbage before I went out and bought GQF incubators. Never went back to any of the LG stuff.

I agree with Speckledhen...GQF does make Hovabators and Sportmans....man, dont we wish for Sportmans in our houses?

One of the women on my homesteading board has her sportsman for sale but My hubbie would croak if i bought it and really no reason for that 18 dozen eggs.

My hubbie and I decided on the Little Giant and went out and bought it for me with the turner but do not have the fan so I think I am going to get creative and fix one for it.

Last edited:
FYI, my 2 cents worth... just used our trusty Hova, with fan, auto turner etc, and as of this MOMENT have 79% of 42 chicken eggs hatched. Peep Peep! We have gotten as high as 95% with it, for guinea eggs too.

I got it from stromberg's, but I know you can order directly from GQF and Double R supply carries them too I think. Mine is a model 1590, but I think it's been upgraded and is now the 1588. I like not having to mess with setting the temp. It's run very accurately for me.

Back
Top Bottom