LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I stopped getting notifications šŸ˜­
There there, you have them now. ALWAYS check your Watched tab.

Hope everyone is doing well! I had a 'surprise' OEGB chick hatch this morning. It's from an egg that hadn't hatched under my broody last week. I plopped the eggs in the incubator, and this one hatched. And no, it wasn't laid later, I counted them before she started sitting tight.

Also did an eggtopsy on a duck egg that was due last Wednesday. Fully formed duckling, yolk not absorbed. :( Two more from Wednesday are still sitting in the incubator. I'll give them another couple of days as they don't look bad, although no movement inside...

There there, you have them now. ALWAYS check your Watched tab.

Hope everyone is doing well! I had a 'surprise' OEGB chick hatch this morning. It's from an egg that hadn't hatched under my broody last week. I plopped the eggs in the incubator, and this one hatched. And no, it wasn't laid later, I counted them before she started sitting tight.

Also did an eggtopsy on a duck egg that was due last Wednesday. Fully formed duckling, yolk not absorbed. :( Two more from Wednesday are still sitting in the incubator. I'll give them another couple of days as they don't look bad, although no movement inside...

Poor babies-to be. At least you got an OEGB surprise!

More and more I lose hope for humanity...
I can not understand why people aren't raising their children anymore.
Any kind of violence is never okay.
I work for a local homeschooling program. They have me working there as a ā€˜peer mentor.ā€™ (I graduated class of 2020) A lot of the time with these younger folks, they had to be stuck away from others during the most impressionable times of their life. I was eighteen when things shut down here, and it still affected me greatly. I think it would be even worse for kids who were probably 11-14 at the time. My sister is 10 1/2 years younger than me, sheā€™s 10 now, and I honestly think the pandemic traumatized her.

Itā€™s not always the parents in my opinion. Even naturally good natured kids with good parents are acting out. Itā€™s hard to get the high school students to engage with anything at all.

I work for a local homeschooling program. They have me working there as a ā€˜peer mentor.ā€™ (I graduated class of 2020) A lot of the time with these younger folks, they had to be stuck away from others during the most impressionable times of their life. I was eighteen when things shut down here, and it still affected me greatly. I think it would be even worse for kids who were probably 11-14 at the time. My sister is 10 1/2 years younger than me, sheā€™s 10 now, and I honestly think the pandemic traumatized her.

Itā€™s not always the parents in my opinion. Even naturally good natured kids with good parents are acting out. Itā€™s hard to get the high school students to engage with anything at all.
I rarely see good teenagers unless their parents are with them or if they're in public helping an elderly. Even then, I usually overhear them talking about how their parents raised them to always look out for others.

Back
Top Bottom