Limping hen. Need advice.

I wish I had more to offer you @Sooner Magnolia but I think you keeping her isolated until she is fully healed would be the course I would choose.
I'll take her out and take pictures. Then maybe put her in a bigger kennel I had for a mastiff puppy. A little more room to move, but no chance to run and jump. Sound good?

I'll take her out and take pictures. Then maybe put her in a bigger kennel I had for a mastiff puppy. A little more room to move, but no chance to run and jump. Sound good?
Sounds perfect. Yeah our last hen got stuck in a cat box and it was nasty with all the poop. She lived and we washed. Sure she was just a 1 pound silkie so the accommodations were appropriate.

@Sooner Magnolia I would check that foot again first as well. I would like to see a pic of the bottom of her foot.

I'll be honest, Angus has been out with his flock while I'm treating him. I had just downsized by more than half my flock, then lost 2 more to heat so I didn't want them stressed any more than they already were. I've been changing his dressing every 24 hours though.

Pictures of both feet. The yellowed one is the foot in question. Neither foot is tender to palpation, warm, firm in any particular place. Both have darker spots, but they seem to me to be akin to the cracks in my non-pedicured feet that are hard to completely clean. Please correct my ignorance if I'm wrong.
20200718_125410.jpg
20200718_125435.jpg

Back
Top Bottom