local wild rooster shot and killed :(

If i was his neighbor , i would have got a pen full of about 6-7 new ROOs and kept them in my Backyard just for him.
D.gif

I live in an unincorporated area in Florida. I can LEGALLY step out my back door and fire my guns. I do regularly. Does that make me a crazed idiot?? My guns are legal to own AND shoot. As for the rooster......there are 2 sides to EVERY story. If this guy was shooting in a residential area, unincorporated or not, he was WRONG. Any sane gun owner would never shoot in a residential area.

BTW GUNS ARE STILL LEGAL TO OWN AND USE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. (exept in the peoples republics of California, New York, and Washington D.C.)

Quote:
I don't think anyone here is disputing the legality of owning guns here. Most people here have a cabinet full of guns and aren't afraid to use them, including myself. All you have to do is take a look at the predator forum to see the validity of this. What people are disputing here is the use of said guns to shoot what was clearly a neighborhood pet. Did this one man have the right to kill a rooster that was considered an asset by all of his neighbors? I think the answer is no. Legally there may not have been an infraction, but I sure wish they could come up with one.

It's usually illegal to shoot, even with bb guns (which I think is what they stated he was using) squirrels, birds & other wildlife within town limits... isn't it???? I don't know why it would have been any more acceptable to shoot the nieghborhood roo. If he had a problem with it, maybe animal control could have trapped and re-homed it.

I'm all for gun ownership. I come from a long line of woodsmen and hunters. I just don't think this guy dealt with it properly.

I stand corrected!!
big_smile.png

He had absolutely NO business on someone elses property and should be cited. He may have found himself on the wrong end of mine had he come on my property.

by Sue Apr 14, 2008 7:46 AM
We are not a 3rd world country, chickens do not belong roaming the streets.

This hits a nerve with me. :thun
What an predigest and stereotypical statement!
th.gif

Quote:
th.gif

EVERY 3rd world country I've been to, and I've been to a bunch, have had poultry free ranging the streets. I thought it was pretty cool actually.
HOW is that PREJUDICE??

Quote:
th.gif

EVERY 3rd world country I've been to, and I've been to a bunch, have had poultry free ranging the streets. I thought it was pretty cool actually.
HOW is that PREJUDICE??

I meant that just because they have poultry in 3rd world countries have street chickens dose not mean we are lower in class or less civilized by owning/letting poultry free range.
EDIT: Sorry bout the bad spelling i was kinda in a rush.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought it was a very prejudiced comment by Sue. Because 1) she was insulting people who live in third world countries. Apparently she thinks she is better than they are. and 2) she's insulting people who free range chickens.

I hope "Sue" is enjoying her cozy condo in the fancy big city. I wonder if she knows that her organic spring veggie mixes are fertilized with chicken crap.

Cassandra

Back
Top Bottom