Lone rooster

aks0928

Hatching
Oct 7, 2016
Hi all!
We had 3 chickens die last night, leaving only 1 lone rooster. His name is Cranky (if you can imagine why :) ), but he's obviously very lonely as these were his siblings. We're very new into chickens, and I'm not sure what to do with him now? Serama rooster, 5 mos. old. There was a hen in the bunch that he protected and loved very much (see photo). What't the best way to integrate a new friend?

TIA!

Hi all!
We had 3 chickens die last night, leaving only 1 lone rooster. His name is Cranky (if you can imagine why :) ), but he's obviously very lonely as these were his siblings. We're very new into chickens, and I'm not sure what to do with him now? Serama rooster, 5 mos. old. There was a hen in the bunch that he protected and loved very much (see photo). What't the best way to integrate a new friend?

TIA!

Mercy, Sorry for your Loss. You know we are wondering what happen. I have Never had a problem bring in new ladies for a Rooster. I just would just try to get every how many ladies you want that were raised together----so its peaceful. No New males!!! He might not like that.

Last edited:
Thanks for weighing in. It was an unfortunate miscommunication and they didn't get checked yesterday. Our temps have been nothing short of a roller coaster ride, so that didn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom