Look what I got today!....Final count! Pics!!

Here are a few pics! They are all so cute! I especially like the grey ones
smile.png

And here's the guy still in the bator...

So far the count is 9 hatched, one died in the shell, and one is pipped.

There are 5 more brown eggs that have nothing going on yet, and none of the EE eggs have anything going on yet
hit.gif

Two eggs in there are from my coop, and should be hatching sometime late today or tomorrow, as I put them In a day after the 24 eggs.

But do the EE eggs usually take longer? I was really hoping I would get a few of those. I noticed that it was all the small-ish eggs that have hatched already, and they were actually early, so I'm hoping the will still hatch...This is technically day 21 for the eggs from siz, because I set them at 930pm..Yesterday was day 20....hmmm....I think they are just harassing me because I want them out
wink.png

Thanks! I'm really hoping they are just going to take longer!

And the white faced one is awesome! I almost want to say that she came out of the drk brown egg (the pretty one)...None of the other chicks look like that, so one can only assume
wink.png

celebrate.gif
There's another pip on egg number 1 (brown egg)! and lots of cheaping!

So to help me not make more nose prints on my incubator window, and waste countless minutes trying to see it that noise I heard was peeping or not...

Is anyone else due today?

When are yours due pdsavage?

EDITED TO ADD:
I forgot to mention what I found when I checked out the chick that died in the shell...I was only able to open the top of the shell to look at it, but by the looks of it, its neck was rolled back - so that's why it was upside down...The bird all around looked 'off', so I assume that's why it didnt hatch...It was developed and ready to hatch, but it was deformed..It's eye was huge, and looked more like a clump of open flesh, than it did an eye. It's neck looked the same way...I wonder if it was from shipping? The rest have been normal so far.

Last edited:
ya, I said the same thing...It is better off dying on its own if there was something wrong with it...I would feel too bad to kill it
hmm.png

and I really want a hovabator, but I ordered another LG instead from the feed store...I desperately need a new one, but I cant afford the $136 it was going to be to get it shipped here. I dont mind the LG's, mines just crappy because I bought it used, and all the foam is falling apart...Now that I've figured out to effectively work an LG, they aren't really all that bad
wink.png

edit: siz's eggs are very popular apparently
wink.png

Last edited:
I had to make one cause hubby thinks I spend to much on my chicken stuff...(he didnt know I bought the first one till after my first 2 failed hatches).....
I have been wanting Siz's eggs for awhile but waited till it was closer to spring....

Last edited:
lol...I'm glad my boyfriend isn't against my chicken addiction yet
smile.png
I bought a used one (though now I regret it) and have been making a horrible effort at hatching...I'm glad I found this site, because I have actually been able to hatch! My first hatch, I had no idea about humidity, and they all died...second I had help from here, and knew enough to fill up the wells on the bottom - only hatched 2 from that one.

Then there was this one -

I have 12 chicks now!!! Only 9 more to go
smile.png

I still have nothing from the green eggs, or my white one, but one more brown egg hatched, and my brown egg chick is almost out
smile.png

I sure hope those ee's hurry up (if they are even coming!)

Back
Top Bottom