Looking back years later it CAN be funny.... or maybe not. pg 7 <sigh>

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I was thinking over some of the things that at the time were not amusing at all but years later we can laugh at. When I posted the note on another thread about the electric blankets, I thought of something else that happened around the same time.

When I was pregnant with Steven I got up one night to use the potty and ended up so hysterical I hyperventilated and my ex-hubby had to call 911. He had a horrible habit of not putting the toilet seat down,, not just the lid but the bottom ring, you know the seat that keeps us women from falling through? I had a black cat named Pitcher who liked to drink out of the toilet, so I was very insistant that they be flushed right away so he wouldn't get a nasty surprise. Normally I insisted the lids be down but being pregnant and having back trouble I didn't like having to bend over to lift the lid, I know,, lazy me!
I got up, groped my way into the dark bathroom and felt my way towards the toilet. Of course by the time I got there I was ready with drawers around my knees and nighty hiked up,, As I sat down I immediately knew something was wrong because we didnt have a hairy seat cover on the toilet. Pitcher had been getting a drink, and he was now swimming under my behind. I couldn't catch myself in time to stop and I had also realized the seat was up too so it was a long way down. I started screaming my head off, the poor cat was too in between gargling and clawing my behind. I couldn't get up to get off him, I was afraid he was drowning, I knew I was bleeding, and his tail was stuck between me and the toilet rim.

The ex came running in, kicked the footboard on the way by and broke two toes. He leaned over and grabbed me under my arms to lift me up and twisted his back doing it but managed to get me out of the toilet and off the cat, who had a broken tail we found out later. I was hyperventilating and couldn't breath so he called 911 and they showed up, which was mortifying because I had been on the fire dept. with several of them. I got calmed down and was ok but had to explain what happened and why my fanny looked like I'd been dragged through a mesquite bush naked.
I also had to explain that to the Dr. at the military hospital because they were cat scratches, which came from a cat soaked in a toilet.

Now I can look back and laugh, I couldn't then though, but I can now! And my toilet seats are down, and the lids are closed. The cats use their water bowls or the sink!

Last edited:
Ok there is no smiley that tells ANYONE how HARD I am laughing at this!!!! Oh my GOODNESS!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

While I've been off thanks to the lovely illnesses from school,,,,,,, I've been thinking over things in my life and making lists, list of the good, the bad, the ugly, and they really funny, and the really wonderful, things that have happened to me. I'm thankful I do have things I can look back at and laugh at, because there are so many things happening now that make me cry, things going on around me that I have no control over in my student's families. This is a way of making me feel good, by making others laugh. This is my therapy.

You know, the good things are memories, the bad things are lessons, the ugly things are mistakes to never repeat, and the beautiful things stay with us forever. Life is awesome.

Quote:
Feel free to share!

I will then. Not long ago, at work, we were having a bbq'd rib contest and they had everything set up on the sidewalk right next to the parking lot. I parked in my normal spot, went about my day, turned in my vote, etc. I went to go to my mom's for lunch, with my radio in the car turned up WAY loud for a great song, and proceeded to take a folding chair with the radio on it with me, with no knowledge I did it. All these people came running at me as I am waving at them with an innocent smile. They both survived and this Sunday I am getting a "safety" award for my efforts.

Back
Top Bottom