Looking for reviews for Privett Hatchery

newchickens2009

Songster
12 Years
May 18, 2009
BAHAMAS
Has anyone had any dealings with or heard of these before?
I have someone sending me chicks from this hatchery and was wondering what quality of birds I might me getting?

I am looking for birds with good quality, doesn't have to be show quality but would like good looking/laying Wellies.
I got show quality hatching eggs before but had a bad postal service experience and none developed. Been trying to get Wellies ever since but can not get anything to work out for me until now, so I decided to give it a try and was wondering what to expect.

Have you tried chicks? I don't know if any of our Florida breeders would love to help you out! We do have a few that would ship but not sure of Bahamas.

I am looking for birds with good quality, doesn't have to be show quality but would like good looking/laying Wellies.
I got show quality hatching eggs before but had a bad postal service experience and none developed. Been trying to get Wellies ever since but can not get anything to work out for me until now, so I decided to give it a try and was wondering what to expect.

Have you tried chicks? I don't know if any of our Florida breeders would love to help you out! We do have a few that would ship but not sure of Bahamas.

I did try everyone I knew on here and some others that I was refereed to but no one could help me until another month or so. Being in the position I'm in living in The Bahamas I only have a few opportunities a year and couldn't get any thing to work out for the times that they could ship me some to my forwarder in Fl. This was the only option I had at this time so decided to give them a try. Hopefully they will be satisfactory birds for now and maybe sometime in the future get some great Wellies from a BYC breeder.

I live 30 minutes away from them and I will probably never order from them. I've gotten their birds before through a local feed store. Very sorry looking things they were. I've seen their breeding operation, makes me sick and I'm not an judgemental person when it comes to animal care but birds covered in poop and mud is too much for me. They were shut down for awhile a few years ago because people where getting sick from their chicks.

Last edited:
I live 30 minutes away from them and I will probably never order from them. I've gotten their birds before through a local feed store. Very sorry looking things they were. I've seen their breeding operation, makes me sick and I'm not an judgemental person when it comes to animal care but birds covered in poop and mud is too much for me. They were shut down for awhile a few years ago because people where getting sick from their chicks.

Oh no!
barnie.gif

That's exactly what I did not want to hear, but thank you for being honest and sharing.
Hopefully things have gotten better since they reopened
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom